Friday, May 8, 2009

His true colors show

Foot Fetish posted something on my wall on facebook this morning. He put a giant picture from this site on my facebook (guyswithiphones.com) and suggested that I make a contribution. He knows, and is jealous, that I have an iPhone. We're always discussing new Apple products, so it wasn't a big deal.

I was a little shocked when he posted it on my wall because he knows I'm not out. I know he wasn't being facetious and it was just something he found amusing and wanted to share with me. I was thinking about deleting the comment for a very brief moment, but I didn't. Why? I'm gay. I have nothing to hide. I am not ashamed. And maybe it would be my coming out to people who don't know.

Remember the other night I was texting one of the Mike's and the whole Gary Busey comment? Well, this afternoon I get this message from the other Mike on facebook.

"I am going to go ahead and delete you as a friend cause this picture in my Highlights bar is just disgusting. If you want, you can add me back in a week or two when your "Guys with iPhones" Picture goes away."


I was a little sad at first that he did this because Mike has a big mouth, and we know how word travels with him, so I'm sure in about an hours time most of my former good friends will know. Then I thought about it and so what Mike? So what? I'm gay. You're a stupid, hard headed, Bible loving, conservative who can't accept that I'm not heterosexual. Screw yourself. I thought about writing him a snarky message back, like "are you jealous that even though you have an iPhone you're not good enough looking to be featured on that site?" "If you'll notice Mike, I wasn't the one who posted the picture."

It does hurt, I mean Mike used to be a great friend. I have explained to him, as well as the others, what happened with my sister, and how I did not send out the texts. I have done so much to try to help and repair my relationship with Mike. When my sister texted him saying she was glad he lost his job days before I was there sending him links to jobs he was qualified for in fields he is interested in because I was worried and cared for him. I have apologized profusely, my dad has, and so has my sister with her letters. I offered Mike everything I could. I was devastated after the whole issue with this, but I am moving on. It has been tough.

Just for the hell of it, I was hoping that my gay friends and friends who thought the photo was hot would make a comment on my picture or put "I like it" just to piss Mike off because I know he'll be looking at my facebook through the other Mike, as well as to make me feel good, like look at me Mike, I have all these people who like it, so hahahahahahahaha.

Overall as upset as I sound, I'm really not. Mike is an ass. I don't need him in my life.

5 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, Mike isn't being a big boy at all. It's quite childish to act the way he is. You did what you could, let the chips fall where they may.

James said...

As if forcing you to delete the post will make you straight...

Anonymous said...

I still can't get over how evil your sister was when she did that to you!

Bruce said...

Ex-friend Mike is using the sister prank to end the friendship. If your sister hadn't pulled her stunt, he would have found another reason to not be friends with you. Apparently he was never a true friend and you haven't really lost out on anything. As much as it hurts, you have to continue telling yourself that fact. Keep your chin up Mike, you are MUCH better off without friends like him.

closet said...

I agree with Bruce in the sense that if your friend is not accepting in explanations, apologies and reason then you've done what you can. Your clearly someone who cares about your friends and it's his loss.

Take care.