Monday, October 26, 2009

People who are there for you at any hour

I have a group of friends whom I'm there for and they are there for me at all hours whenever I have a problem. I have never had to call a friend in the middle of the night for something so urgent.

Gonzo, however, had one of those situations the other night where she needed me at 1:20a.m. I was glad to be there to help. It wasn't anything serious- she was home alone and didn't know how to shut the gas off at her house since it smelled of gas and it was dangerous. I drove over to help her. Everything is fine. The pilot light went out on the stove at her house she later told me filling the house with gas.

So this got me to thinking- who would I call and who can call me at anytime with a problem or just need someone to talk to?
Here's my list:
Best friend in MS
The Guy
Gonzo
Darla
My coworkers at the high school (Viv, Marci, Joe)
Dennis
All of the bloggers I chat with that have my number- you guys are special to me and there are some things I share with you guys/can tell you much easier than others


I also bring this up because I had something come up this week where another fool called me at a ridiculous hour of the night. My phone is on 24/7. It used to be for family reasons- the only way to contact us if something were to happen to my grandma. Now who doesn't have their phone on 24/7?

Carl called me last Thursday morning at 3:31a.m. It was 5:31 in Texas, I'll give him that, but why was he calling me? He isn't on that list! He isn't even on my friend's list. Well, he had a boyfriend for 2 days after 4 years of being single, then he dumped Carl and Carl was pretty much devastated. No I didn't pick up the phone to talk to him. I listened to his 4 minute pity party voicemail. Yes. A 4 minute voicemail. I got the point after about 30 seconds and was able to delete it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 minutes? o.O Wowsers. And thanx :) You can always call if you need/want to. Even if it means waking my silly ass up. Though if it's for a gas leak I might be a little far to help you. :P

Aek said...

Wow, 4 min voicemail? It doesn't cut it off after a while? I'm surprised.