Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rejuvenation

The Guy im'd me about 4p.m. on Friday asking me to come over cuz he knew I didn't want to be around the house. He was right. I got my shower, as I had just got home from the gym.

Got to his place at 4:45; he had just made some new pasta sauce he bought off of amazon.com he claims had vodka in it. It was alright- not a ton of flavor, but it was better than the organic sauce from the other night. The Guy told me Aaron or Louis may be coming over, but neither did. Louis was sick and was on his way home.

We went to CVS for chocolate and snacks. On the way, The Guy called Aaron. Aaron was at Target trying on shirts and The Guy was harassing him about not sending us pictures of him trying on shirts. We got pretzels and some Dove chocolate with almonds.

We went back and watched "Law and Order." The Guy declared it a night of rejuvenation because we weren't getting on the computers. We laid on the couch with his feet resting on me, like usual, and watched "Law and Order," and ate our pretzels and chocolate.

About 9p.m. The Guy asked if it was time to go to bed so he could stretch out. I said YES. We watched 2 episodes of "Remington Steel" and some other show I can't recall. I fell asleep during the other show- that shows it wasn't funny. It was about 11:30 or so I guess by this time and The Guy woke me up. I remember that because however I was positioned I hit my head with my hand and let out a "huuuh" The Guy asked me if I fell asleep and did. The Guy asked if I was going to go or stay the night. I opted to stay because I was tired. I called home and my dad picked up the phone. He was in bed already and he said ok to me staying the night- no questions asked.

The Guy's dog sleeps on the bed. As we were watching "Remington Steel" his dog came over to me, which is something he usually doesn't do. He wanted to lick my face. I instructed him to sit down there with me and he laid up against me. The Guy was jealous and tried to get his dog to get up. He wouldn't. He got up after a lot of persuading from The Guy and then ended up back up against me. The Guy said this was not happening and he wasn't going to allow it. During the night, Jake went from laying on the other side of The Guy, furthest away from me to inbetween us, and then after 6a.m. was back up against me. The Guy was very jealous.

The Guy had sat his alarm on his computer in the office for 6a.m., but he sat it wrong. He meant to make it for 7:30a.m. At 7:30 we got up, ate Captain Crunch, and then I helped him put away the 24 pack of paper towels, 4 pack of Tide, and 4 pack of Downey Fabric Softener away in cabinets outside and in the kitchen. The Guy swept outside near the cars and it looked a lot better. We did the dishes inside, I helped him rearrange his cabinets because I'm tall enough. The Guy is 5'9'' and I'm 6'2.'' I reached up with no problems to get into his cabinets at the ceiling.

After this, we sat down at The Guy's computer in the office and he bought house plants, a laptop stand for when he lays at he couch with his computer. The Guy has 3 stands as it is, but doesn't like any of them. He decided he liked his old silver one. He asked if I wanted one and I said no; I'll just use one that he has already when I come over. This Mac gets a lot hotter than my Dell, so I've been using one of the laptop stands when I'm at The Guy's place. He asked what I had at home and I said I have a stand similar to his, but it has holes in to keep the fan cool. He said that's not good enough; he said I needed a new one, so he ordered me a stand like he has. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he said it was. He's too funny.

The Guy also said that he is going to have me help him organize all of his DVDs into his DVD player since it stores 200 disks. As we do this, we'll put them onto his computer and so he can watch them in Apple TV. He said that we'll also back them up onto a hard drive for me and so I can have the same movie collection The Guy does. That would be AWESOME.

At 11a.m. The Guy's friend Jeff showed up with paninis. This was my first time meeting him. He was about 6'4'', black hair, latino, and in flimsy workout shorts and a hoodie. He drives a Lexus convertible. Anyways, we all sat around watching TV and talked about Mac programs like quicktime and The Guy's dad's office computers being all Macs.

About 3p.m. The Mexicans came. These are the 2 gay guys who clean The Guy's house. I'm not sure why we spent so much of the day cleaning when they were coming, but we did. We did the dishes, some vacuuming, and other things prior to their arrival.

I drove to the country club since his car was blocked by the cleaning guys. I was flipping stations on the way up and they were playing junk on just about every station. I didn't like anything on KFRG, KKGO, STAR 987, KBIG, or anything. We settled on BonJovi's new song "You Want to Make a Memory" and The Guy commented that he was making memories as we were listening to it. Finally I found "When Will I See You Again" by the 3 Degrees playing on KEARTH and left it on. I felt a little strange since The Guy and I have a lot of the same musical tastes- we listen to everything. He has no oldies on his iPod though, but is always singing them. Soon enough, he began singing "when will I see you again" and I chimed in. We had to laugh at each other. I was intentionally singing the "oooooohs" really high and off key.



When they came The Guy and I took off to the country club he belongs to to swim. I wore his ex's swimsuit. The Guy wanted to go to get tan. There wasn't a chance since the sun was no longer above us. The Guy is adamant that he is going to work swimming back into his routine to get back into shape. The Guy swam 600 yards. I swam 300... or paddled or tried to stay afloat or whatever I did. I'm not too sure. The Guy has several medals for swimming, coached swimming for 15 years, swam for years, and has many national medals for water polo. He is a GREAT swimmer and I felt inadequate next to him. Haha. I really don't like swimming- don't like water, don't like chlorine, don't like getting water in my eyes, don't like the feeling of struggling in the water. I can swim, but I'm not great. NOT AT ALL.

We went to a Japanese restaurant after and they had 110 different combos to choose from. About 60 of the combos were different types of sushi. There were lots of barbecue beef dishes. I got the barbecue beef thing. I had no clue what to pick because I'm not a huge sushi fan, didn't want much, and none of this sounded good. The Guy said to get barbecue beef like him. I did and it was GREAT. We went back and ate it.

We sat around eating as the cleaning guys finished up. They did a great job, but it felt strange to have us sitting around watching "The Perfect Holiday" and "The Wedding Date." They washed my jeans and Banana Republic zipper sweater. The Guy told me to throw my clothes in the wash with his since the guys wouldn't let any dirty clothes sit around. My sweater had got chocolate on it from the night before, so it came rihgt off. It was great. Best of all, they smelled like Downey Fabric Softener, which I like. That smell reminds me of The Guy because he douses his clothes so heavily in it that when you sit next to him or cuddle with him, that's about all you smell and it reminds me of him.

Afterward I went to In-N-Out for us, then I went back to his place with the food. We watched "Arrested Development" and talked about the Blue Man Group. The Guy says I must see them, and agree. The Guy talked about how he was in Vegas this very weekend last year and saw them with his ex, Mike. He talked about how he still feels he loves Mike. Then we sat around cuddling and watching more "Arrested Development." At 8:30, we decided it was late and we were both tired. We called it a night and I came home.

I am noticing my parents aren't calling the day after I spend the night at The Guy's house to ask where I am or what I'm doing. Suddenly it is becoming more ok for me to stay out and do whatever. I think my parents are realizing I have a cell phone and I'll call them if I need something. Gee... its taken a while! My dad just called once at 4:30p.m. to ask if I was going to be home for dinner. That was it. Woot.

1 comment:

Matt in Argyle said...

It nice when your parents finally get the message that 'hey if you really need to get a hold of me you can', and that it is no longer 'I need to know where you are all the time'. Its taken my parents slightly longer to figure out than I should have liked, but they are gradually getting there too.