Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm a country boy

Patty, my friend from my old church/childhood messaged me yet again on facebook today. I had just installed Beejive on my iPhone for facebook instant messenger when she did. She said that her fellow Go Country 105 friend needed to join her at her college tonight for some line dancing. LMAO. I can just about do that and not look like a fool. Despite my shortcomings in the dancing department, I said sure.

Patty said I had to match her outfit since we were going to be partners in crime on the dance floor. We both wore white buttondown shirts, blue jeans, and brown shoes. I wore my brown Diesels. She even donned a cowboy hat, which I didn't have. A lot of the people really took their western outfits seriously. Lots were in jeans and t-shirts, boots, or western shirts.



I two stepped my way down to the school and I saw about 10 people I knew from high school there like Deanna, Kristin, Kyle, Steve, Kolby, and more. It was a whole lot of fun. It was held in the gym and before each song the instructors told you how to line dance and showed you the moves to each song. The instructors own the country bar that I have gone to with my cousins quite a bit. There were probably 100 people there. I think it was mostly like the people who are really involved on campus/live on campus. It was about 1 1/2 hours. It was fun since I'm sure for many of the people this was their first time line dancing. The instructors kept saying you can line dance to anything, and we did. I wish my school did fun things like this.



We lined danced to a lot of fun songs like:
- Honkytonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins- soooooooooo fun to dance to.... shaking your ass is always fun... and is a fun song in general
- Barefoot and Crazy- Jack Ingram
- Seasons of Love- RENT
- Don't Take The Girl- Tim McGraw
- Picture to Burn- Taylor Swift
- This Kiss- Faith Hill
- Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On- Sammy Kershaw
- Fast Cars and Freedom- Rascal Flatts
- Roxanne- The Police
- Sober- Pink
- Mambo #5- Lou Bega --- THIS SONG WAS HARD AND I WAS LOST THE WHOLE TIME.



No comments: