Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fav. iPhone Apps

Stephen, over at State of the Nation UK, has made a list of his favorite apps inspired by an article in the Sunday Times. I decided to list my favorite apps and would love to hear what yours are.

Pandora Radio- Radio custom made for me- artists I like, and few that I don't. I get to tell Pandora which songs and artists I don't like so that they can custom tailor a station just for me.
Shazam- I love the music identification in seconds. It is a great tool to remember a song I want to download, or tag a song that I haven't heard whose title I would like to know.
Macys iShop- Macys coupons 1 click away. Enough said!
Words With Friends- Scrabble! At any one point I have 3-4 Scrabble games going on with bloggers, classmates, and my cousin. I'm pretty good I think. Those of you whom I play with refrain from comments. LOL.
Yelp- I love the restaurant reviews and ratings right at my fingertips. It makes finding restaurants easy.
AT&T Mark the Spot- I have the worst reception and I feel that AT&T should hear about it. A few clicks and AT&T can pinpoint where you are having reception issues, whether it is a data or dropped call issue, and hopefully, maybe make the AT&T network better?
Express Men's Clothing- My Express coupon right there on my phone. Perfect. More stores should put coupons in their iPhone apps- I'd be a fan.
Beejive- All of my instant messaging programs and accounts in one place and the ability to talk with friends on AIM or Yahoo wherever I am.
Amazon Mobile- Do I want to buy the product in a store or can I comparison shop quickly right there and see that amazon has it cheaper?

What are some of your favorite apps?

5 comments:

Stephen Chapman said...

What a great idea! :-)

Shazam is brilliant. I've used it for a while. It may appear in the next list I do after the Sunday Times is published... on Sunday!

Phunk Factor said...

I'm curious. Why not Grindr?

P.S. Grindr is the ONLY app i know about and I sort of expected it to be here!

fan of casey said...

Mike: I need a new phone, I'm missing out on all these shopping and eating deals.

Aek said...

I don't have an iPhone. -_-

Anonymous said...

Grinder, surely for people who travel a lots, and the best place where I used it, NY
nabil