Thursday, February 10, 2011

Finishing up the week

Need to vent about this week...

Work:
- I subbed Tuesday, and while at the school I never was face to face with the principal, but saw him from a distance 4-5 times. Each time he gave me a blank stare like I wasn't welcome.
- Linda had an issue with the principal today and some things came out that make me even more sure it was nothing that I did, and a completely made up accusation.
- Regardless, I'm still trying to meet with the principal to make sure nothing is written in my file.
- This still kind of has me in a funk, although I know I did no wrong. I hate the lies and deceit. I hate that I have to have a meeting to make sure nothing is put in my file. I hate the extra stress. What I hate is that big topics I'm sensitive about are the ones he used as reasons for getting rid of me, and because I put extra concern into these issues I am worried.
- It was funny while subbing on Tuesday- 1 kid told me I gave up on him, another told me I got tired of him, and lots of other random comments. I was next to my old classroom and the kids saw me when I was subbing. I am glad. I think they were actually riled up because I wasn't there. I know that the teacher that took over was having some issues with 3rd period after they saw me. She was throwing kids out left and right. I only sent 2 kids out from that class in my 4 weeks, and 1 was because she cheated on a test, the other was just mouthing off and I don't take that.
- I picked up my letter of recommendation from my master teacher at the high school this week. It was nice and refreshing to think that someone at least thinks good of me. I know, I know, many do, but after these past few weeks any sign that I am still liked is a good thing and is appreciated.

Home:
- I am very productive on days I don't sub. This week I took my car to the car wash. Damn guy bent my hub cap on my car trying to get the car on the track to pull it through the wash. I realized that later.
Other things I did:
- Cleaned the bathroom and washed the bathroom mats in the washer
- Vacuumed the house
- Mopped the kitchen floor
- Cleaned out 2 random cabinets in the kitchen
- Cleaned out the freezer

School:
- Frustrated and lacking motivation
- The professor for my supposed masters thesis class sent us out a sample paper to help us. He said this was a bad paper and to just do a better job than the bad paper he sent us. Um, that's not teaching. I'm sorry.
- I want to bang my head against the desk every Monday night when I have to sit through that professor's class.
Facebook chat has become my new best friend on Monday nights. We've had a date each week, and it has been wonderful. I got caught up with Marci and Eddy last week.
- It is my goal to finish my paper Monday or Tuesday.
- I have a quiz to complete this week. His quizzes are sooooooooooooo poorly written. The class average was a 2.1 out of 5. I got a 2.25. Each quiz is 5 points. The class is 100 points. Already my grade is about a 93% and lowering because of these dumb quizzes and my Excel assignment.
- This same professor can't give us a direct answer. Ugh.
- My paperwork for my teaching credential STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL has not been processed. Hello, I submitted it December 27 and it is now February 10. I'm glad I am in no hurry to teach.

Friends and Family:
- I love them. They listen to me bitch and whine. I try to keep that to a minimum, and do a pretty good job. Keith listened to my bitch fest tonight. Bless him. Hahaha.
- Mike got his new car today and I get to see it tomorrow
- My mom and I are going on an adventure to get my TV stand that I wanted for my birthday tomorrow. Woo!
- Linda insisted I invite a friend to go to the hockey game Saturday night. I invited Dennis. Should be fun.
- Sunday I'm going out to Palm Springs with Mike
- The Guy and I will hang out next week when he is back from Sin City.

Music:
I'm really into Rick TreviƱo after iTunes recommended him to me the other day. I had an epiphany and suddenly I remember my grandma singing his song "Running Out of Reasons" when it came out in I'm guessing about 1996.

And what's really cool about Rick is that he doesn't speak Spanish, but he crossed over and I guess has a pretty good Spanish following. I am on the search for other Spanish country artists... lol.

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Not only is your principal unethical to make up accusations just to get you out of the way early from your temporary assignment, he's a coward avoiding you.

Sounds like after you'd had time to process this unfortunate incident, and got to vent, at least you are moving on, altho it still leaves a bad after taste.

Just keep moving forward . . .

Aek said...

Woah . . . lots of things going on! Best of luck and I hope everything sorts out alright!!