Monday, August 16, 2010

Jeff's Birthday

The Guy messaged me on Saturday morning asking if I'd pick up Jeff as his birthday present. I knew I was going to be asked, and so I said it wouldn't be an issue.

The Guy and I spoke a couple times Sunday before I went to pick Jeff up. I was early on my way to pick up Jeff, so I stopped at Ashley Furniture and ran into a coworker, talked, and that was perfect because The Guy needed me to stall in picking Jeff up for a surprise which I later found out was Jeff's cake. They were in the middle of trying to put it together.

I get to Jeff's at 3:45 and meet his mom since he's now living at home. She was drunk. She has been like that for the past 5 days according to Jeff. We gather all of his laundry and head over to The Guy's. We talk in the car about random stuff- him living out there, his birthday, and listened to the music in the background courtesy of KIIS FM and 1043 MYFM. We listened to some Material Girl and other random stuff. The Guy tells us we need to pick up pizza, and we do so.

We get to The Guy's at 4:30. Zach (The Guy's best friend) and Robert (The Guy's boyfriend) are there. I bring in the pear cider and we all drink one. A friend of Jeff's shows up a few minutes later. We all drink and eat the appetizers The Guy bought and made. The Guy made some delicious 7 layer dip, which was not as good as mine, but still really good. We ate some artichoke spinach dip, veggies, and a few other things. We also had some pizza. We stood around as Zach talked about being drunk, alcohol, being Mormon, and snapped pictures of everything. We retreated to the couch and listened to Faith Hill in the background, talked about how we all have a love affair with Faith Hill, even if it is a closet love affair, and how she has great thighs. Hahahaha.

There Will Come A Day- Faith Hill


We sing Happy Birthday to Jeff and he is surprised by his cake. It is made of a rice krispy bottom, ice cream, brownie, M&Ms, a tiara, and a wand. Bonus points if you can identify the type of character, or this character looks familiar to you as you have been killed by Jeff's character in the game.... hahaha



Robert had to take off to get a few things, so we all watched the pilot and 3-4 episodes of the first season of "Modern Family." It was pretty funny. I've seen a few episodes here and there before. Zach takes off during the 3rd episode and Jeff and I have to wait around for his clothes to finish in the washer and dryer. The Guy and Robert retreat to the office where they are getting high. They took their little vaporizer thing they bought at Home Depot because they couldn't go to Target or Best Buy because of the controversy over political donations. The pot smell doesn't linger with that vaporizer, so you can "smoke" in the house. They were both out of it within a few minutes. It was funny. They played some WOW, I played on my phone, Jeff played WOW on the couch next to me. The Guy was getting tired about 9 and went to lay down. Robert stayed up and looked at videos on youtube, we friended each other on facebook, and we shared funny facebook status messages. My friends were overdramatic last night. One friend "had a tough weekend and needed Jesus Christ." Another friend was having an FML (fuck my life) moment where they realized they had to sell their Dodgers tickets for some game this week. About 10p.m. the clothes are done. Jeff puts the clothes in his basket, and we hug The Guy in bed, then hug Robert and take off.

Jeff and I had a pretty good conversation in the car. I told him about my interviews, he told me about how he has a great job with few hours designing business cards, but has so much down time all he does is play WOW. He told me now he is tempted to go back to school since he is 26 and can finally finish his degree since his parents refused to pay for him to, and he made too much money to get financial aid. He has a year and half to go for a chemical engineering degree. I told him that was pretty impressive and encouraged him to. I told him about Rick, as he had texted me while we were driving. He encouraged me to ditch and ignore him. We get back to Jeff's about 11. I help him with his laundry in the car, wish him happy birthday, then we hug, and say goodbye. He jokes that he can't wait to hear about Rick and I getting together.

3 comments:

Aek said...

It took me a while to figure out what you meant, but I do believe your friend plays as a Gnome in WoW. :-P Might I guess rogue or warlock class?

I've been watching "Modern Family" with my brother lately, haha. I particularly like Gloria and Mitchell the best.

Mike said...

Jeff plays a gnome warlock. You are good!

Aek said...

Win!! ^_^