Thursday, July 22, 2010

His first date

I was a bad texter and didn't reply to any of Rick's texts on Sunday or Monday. I'm getting like a dozen texts the day asking me how I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with, like he's trying to keep tabs on me. And I'm sure he's just being friendly, trying to start conversation, but nearly everytime I got a text it was inconvenient to reply since I was up in the attic or wherever.

I finally sent him a text on Wednesday when he replied that he hadn't heard from me and was wondering if I was ok. I reminded him I only get 1500 texts a month. I said I prefer face to face or phone conversations. He said he doesn't talk on the phone and won't. I said I'm sorry. He asked if I'd meet him at the Brandin' Iron over in San Bernardino and I said no because I was exhausted since all of the stuff we've been doing on the house felt like it caught up with me last night. Also, I don't have a photo ID and being college night, and not knowing the bouncers it didn't seem real plausible.

He texted me today and said he wants to come see me tonight. He said he was bringing his friends. I said fine. His friends don't come. I get out of class at 9. He said he'd meet me wherever. I asked that he drive over to my area since it always seem like I go out of my way for the other guy. Sure enough, he came. He said we were doing ice cream. Coldstone was closed at 9, so we went to Dairy Queen. All the way there he smiled as we drove in my car. He told me how he enjoyed me so much, how he loves kids, loves ice cream, and loves my sarcasm. We talked about random stuff as we walked around, mainly Power Rangers and The Office.

We get in my car and I tell him that I'm not repeating anything in the car like he wanted to the other day because he was smiling at me in the same way he was Friday night. I told him that I was not into that. He told me he doesn't have a place we can go. I said we're just not going to fool around. He smiled and sang Beyoncé's "If I Were a Girl." We get to his car and he tells me how he is going to make out with me. I told him that he's a bit straightforward, and I am not cool with the car thing. I think we are taking this a bit far a bit fast. He comes over and kisses me. Oh, and security was right behind us parked. I pushed him away, but he thought I was playing hard to get and came in again. I made it clear I'm not so much as even kissing with security around because I live in a much more conservative area than he is used to even and the last thing I want is to be caught in a car for whatever. I've heard 2 accounts from gay guys I've met at bars who have had trouble for making out in cars in my city. I don't want that, especially when I have so much on the line. I tell him that we're not dating and he told me that this was his first date and I made it so special. Oh... ok... that threw me for a loop. I wanted to tell him that I didn't know it was a date or that

With other guys I've felt a spark- The Guy and Chris come to mind. It is hard to explain other than a fluttering/feeling in my chest that they just do something for me. They have the perfect combination of attraction and intelligence. I don't feel that spark with Rick. I just don't know... he's not exactly my type and I feel like I still know so little about him, yet he seems to think we're perfect. I think I'm going to have to be more direct with him and say I'm not wanting a relationship. Thoughts? Continue with him?

5 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Mike!

You two talked about Power Rangers?! LOL

How amusing that Rick thought it was a first date but you didn't know it!

I think he's trying way too hard. You said he's rather straightforward, right? I guess you'll have to be just as direct in telling him no, otherwise he'll never get the drift.

Now I'm craving ice cream!

-Dean

Anonymous said...

I don't think you really are asking a question about him. You're negative about most aspects about him and you don't want to be as open as he is. I think you should just follow your heart on this one and cut your ties with him.

-Todd

Aek said...

Awkward . . . >_>

Anonymous said...

First off, your not on the same page on impotent things. Secondly no flutter signaling genuine infatuation. I say forget about it. His full court press sounds like it's getting old. That's my two cents

Anonymous said...

Meant important...not impotent. Typo on iPhone!