Saturday, January 8, 2011

A most excellent birthday

Mike and I hung out yesterday since I didn't have to work. I texted him about 10:30 after I ran errands. I washed my car, detailed it, then went to the grocery store for a few birthday cards, and then home to write them. We were texting each other back and forth. He wanted to know when my birthday dinner with friends was, and I told him. It was at 6:30, so because of traffic I needed to leave at 5:30. I said I didn't mind driving over to hang out. He had someone coming to give an estimate on what it would cost to design and landscape his backyard.

I get over to his place at 12 and the landscape designer is late. We sit and watch that addiction show on TLC. That was pretty crazy- one gal was addicted to tanning and the other was addicted to Comet, the household cleaner. Both were pretty... Um... Interesting. I sat on the couch watching that while the designer, a cookey old guy, talked to himself in the backyard and the 2 of us just laughed. The guy was really amusing. He brought up some of Mike's plants in his yard and grass to show what he did wrong. Mike isn't using a sharp enough blade to cut his grass making it look dead.

After this guy left about 1:30 we head over to Victoria Gardens for lunch. We go to the Italian place next to the movie theater. I think it is called Paisano. We have a vegetarian calzone. It really lacked flavor, which was disappointing. The vegetables had the potential to be flavorful. Mike insisted on paying since it is my birthday. It wasn't, but he insisted. We talk about lots- gay cruises, his vegetarian eating, favorite and fine restaurants, vacations and family vacations, and our best friends. His best friend is coming out at the end of the month and he wants me to be sure to meet her.

We stopped at Fresh and Easy, and drove by a place called Corkys that boasted being open 24 hours and having great breakfasts. I checked it out on Yelp, and the reviews were either very high, or very low. We talked a little about breakfast food places. As we drove back in the car he kept poking me and making me giggle as he tickled me. He's cute.

We get back to his place and hang around for a few minutes before I take off to my birthday with friends. I'd invited him along, but he wasn't comfortable with a crowd of people. He's very much introverted and shy. I am, but in a group of people I know I am fine. We watch an episode of Oprah's 25 and finish up The Talk from that day on CBS. I had never seen either. He is all over daytime TV since he is at home able to watch all of it all day.

I decided on Olive Garden with friends. Gonzo, Eddy, Marci, her boyfriend, Darla, and her cousin all showed up. It was fun. A lot of talk about Gonzo's upcoming wedding- Marci is planning her bachelorette party. Edwin wants to go, and as a gay guy, I can get by going according to Gonzo. LOL. So yeah. We also caught up in each other's lives. This is the first time we've really been split up. We all went to the same college for undergrad together. We went to high school together for the mostpart. We are now at 5 different colleges.

After, we head to Eddy's apartment about 9. I had every plan to not stay long because Mike invited me back over. I was also not in the mood for Eddy's drunkenness. He did 8 shots in the course of about 2 minutes just to prove himself- as if we haven't seen this 100 times already. Anyways, we hung out watching the video "Like a G6" and Enrique Iglesias videos like "I Like It" and "I Want to Fuck You Tonight" song. I texted Mike around 10 as it went downhill. Eddy was drunk, horny, and about to go out on the roof or something crazy. I made the excuse that I was tired to leave.



I get back to Mike's about 11 and he is watching "Reba" on TV. We watch an episode of that, then "How I Met Your Mother." After, we head to bed. It is about 12:30. He wants to suck me off and does, which was hot. I get him off too. All during this I'm thinking about how hot it was, especially because we were both hibernating under the covers because he keeps his house so cold. The song "Birthday Sex" is playing in my head... lol. We then fall asleep in each others arms. We woke up about 9 to the cat who was kneading, which is something I'd never heard of. He was purring and alternating between front legs. He was getting very loud. He was looking for attention, so I gave him some.



We took turns showering, then went to breakfast at that Corky's place. It was on the expensive side. The omelets were alright according to Mike. My French toast was pretty good. We just thought it was overpriced and for a few dollars at home we could make better.

We stop at Wal-Mart for cat litter and pick up Scrabble while we are at it. We talk about random stuff like cars, my family who lives right by him (all of my aunts and cousins). He talks about how great his life is that he can work 25 hours a week... I'm jealous.

It is nearly 11:30 by the time we are back and my aunt and uncle were over in the area today, so we met up with them. We all went to dinner at the restaurant of my choice. I was thinking a churrascarĂ­a, but the closest was in Irvine. I was thinking the Spanish restaurant, but since Mike took me the other night I was wanting something different. I knew my aunt and uncle had mentioned wanting to try a certain restaurant before, and I had too, as Mike had mentioned it, and several other friends like Mrs. C, and Keith. It is an upscale northern Italian restaurant. Everything on the menu ranged between $18 and $37. I had a delicious ox tail pasta with huge shreds of parmesan cheese on top. YUM. Before we went, though, my parents were curious how much it cost since I do tend to have elaborate tastes that come at high prices. They didn't find an issue with that since it is just a little bit more than we'd typically spend elsewhere, and that it was a special occasion.

My sister, of course, was talking about how guilty I should feel. Her birthday was $10 a person because she saved the family money by going to TGI Fridays and they had a special of 2 entrees, appetizers, and a dessert for $20. I reminded her you have to factor in a drink for that as well as tip making it close to $16-17 (of course I know tax and tip weren't taken into account in my argument, but my sister didn't think of that). That quieted her down for a moment. Then she was talking about how ridiculously expensive $30 was for pasta. I informed her most of the pasta dishes were about $20. She told me how that's so expensive and we can't afford that. She told me that she could make pasta for $0.50. She said she would be thankful for just Spaghetti-o's from a can... um... sure she would... she likes those, but on her birthday she'd throw a fit. She told me under her breath how "that's f-in ridiculous." I informed her she may go to "h-e double hockey sticks l" for saying that, especially being the good Christian she is. She told me how she would never bankrupt my parents like that and how Cocos is more up her alley. I told her I understood completely- she plays the old woman part well- she has completely let herself go. She didn't have a comeback for that other than to say she is not old and that I was so insulting.

In the restaurant my sister was making faces at me to express her displeasure. There was nothing she would eat since they didn't have regular spaghetti. Ox tail is nasty she said. She didn't want goat cheese because it wasn't Velveeta and pasta with cheese is icky. My aunt and uncle basically told her she should order a pizza if she was having an issue. She did. She didn't like it. She also pulled out her cell phone and started texting. My uncle informed her that this was probably not the restaurant to be doing that in. She said that she could because she had an important text about work. My mom said it could wait- she needs to spend time with the family once in a while. My mom remarked that she doesn't allow her to text in the first place in restaurants and was apaulled that she pulled it out in such a nice restaurant.

My sister may sound like she was the complete topic of our conversation, but really, she was minor. It was truly my night- not my sister's. I had a great time. We talked with my aunt and uncle about school, the weather, work, and going somewhere together soon like Disneyland or Knotts.

We walk around downtown before coming back to my house for my white cake with pineapple filling and cream cheese that my mom made. It was sooooooooooooo good!!!

All of the gifts from friends, texts, calls, and facebook messages have also helped make this special.

5 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: What could be better for your birthday: Sex, cuddling, friends, food, fun and yummy sounding cake. My wish for you to have a happy birthday would be redundant because you really had one. I'm glad you had a good time.

Stephen Chapman said...

Seems that FOOD was the main topic!

Sounds like you had a great time though. Cats will knead a lot and usually means that they trust you.

Aek said...

I second Stephen Chapman's comment. But food is a far better main topic than your sister's ridiculousness. I'm surprised that someone hasn't slapped her in public yet.

Happy birthday!!

SCalRF said...

Happy birthday Mike!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday!