Monday, January 31, 2011

Fuck her

My sister really pisses me off.

I asked her to help me with my homework last night. I had an assignment I had to complete in Excel, but maybe it was just my lack of expertise and that I didn't know how to access some of the functions on a Mac I couldn't do it. I went in and asked my sister for help. She said in a monotone voice, "I'm working." I said I just needed her for a moment. She said she hasn't used Excel in a long time. I showed her the graph that I needed fixed. I told her what I needed, showed the page in my book that had that. Sister in the meantime throws the document in the trash on my computer and deletes my trash, therefore deleting my only copy of the assignment. Then the bitch claimed she didn't know where it went. I told her. I told her my trash was now clean. I told her that was the only explanation since stuff just doesn't disappear. So I spent another 3 hours on top of the 2 that I had already spent trying to recreate that shitty assignment for 5 measly points (but the entire class is out of 100 points). Bitch. Of course I wanted to go to bed at nearly midnight because I was up all night recreating something you destroyed in 2 minutes. No apologies. She just replied she didn't know what happened. I went in my room after I got my computer from her in tears and felt so crushed and defeated. I wasn't asking her to do the assignment- merely put a title, as well as label the x and y axis in a graph- I left my computer with her a max of probably 5 minutes while I was in the other room helping my mom. My mom just asked if the document was saved and I went right to the email where the professor sent the assignment back to me. Unfortunately this was all done through the university's online system and there is no copy saved there. How can she be so mean? Oh the things I would love to do to her to show her how it feels. Should I? Ugh. I won't steal her phone and text her friends because I've had that done to me, and know how it feels. I won't do anything like that. I feel tempted to write on her twitter she really isn't a professor, but then mommy and daddy would have to get involved, and that's just childish. Maybe wipe her hard drive? Something? Ugh. I'm still livid this morning.

8 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

Crap...she is really a bitch!! How can you put up with her?!

Joey said...

Mikey -

I am so sorry to hear that your sister did something so despicable and low. There are absolutely no words to explain it!

You should have called me, and I would have taken a look at it.

Don't give her the satisfaction of hurting or angering you. You are better than her!

Anonymous said...

There's a way to recover files like that that have just been immediately deleted, but I'm not sure how to do it. But having your trash can empty just means that your computer tagged the file as "can be written over," and not that it had actually done so.

Either way, what a bitch she is. I have a number of horrible (and sneaky ways) ways you could back at her, but I'll convey them over chat. Who's the king of passive aggressivity? :D

fan of casey said...

Mike: If she did a "Secure Empty Trash" it's as good as gone. Your sis sucks by the way, why would she trash your file other than spite. It makes me mad she did this to you.

If you are still having trouble with Excel, try sending me the file, I'm pretty good with that app. Just give me notes on what you want done. Labeling the graph parts is actually pretty easy, just click on the parts and type. The app help features works pretty well too if you want to do it yourself.

Getting back at her, while giving you some satisfaction will just escalate things. Just next time she asks you for help, decline citing this incident.

Aek said...

Livid was my word to you when you told me about this last night.

Just wait though, karma will come back to her. Especially if she really holds her students in such disregard. Perhaps there's a way you can send her Twitter account to one of her students? That'd undo her pretty quick . . .

Mike said...

Phunk Factor: It is not easy. I woke up in such a foul mood as you can tell.

JC: Now I know! Too bad we have a 3 hour time difference!

James: I know what you mean- there is a way- I just don't know it!

fan of casey: Professor sent it back again. Me, not so happy. He sent it back to the other 2 kids on Macs in the class. Apparently all 3 of us can't seem to label our graphs x and y axis, although I did manage to put a title on them, which is more than the other Mac students could say. There was nothing showing up on mine for the x and y graph where I could put anything in. And you're right- getting back at her just escalates things.

Aek: Livid just describes it! I'm waiting for her students to google her name and find her twitter account. Kids still do that these days, right?

fan of casey said...

Mike: Are you running Office Suite 2011 for the Mac? That's the most updated version. I'm running an older version and I have some weird things happen to my files when I try to open newer files created in Windows.

Mike said...

I'm running Office 07 for Mac. It is from a document that was created on a PC using Word 2007.