Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easing into the new job

So far so good - I'm excited - I have a crazy group of kids. Kind of the mix of high school rejects. The problem kids, stoners, pregnant girls, and kids who did things to get them kicked out of regular school. I've heard more arrest stories than necessary. But you know what? This is a neutral zone. The kids all mostly want to be there to get their credits to graduate. I'm easing into the job slowly, but surely. I get to plan a completely new curriculum next year - I'm holding out with what the former teacher left through the end of the year. I also plan to teach, unlike the previous teacher. This job is going to be MUCH less stress than my former job, and I'm thankful for that. I see it has the potential to be boring at times, but I'm ready to see what becomes...

2 comments:

Xtremeforce said...

Thats awesome....

Aek said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like you're still teaching, but to students who've had their backs turned on by everyone else. There was this charter school that did that back in the city where I did med school. It was the coolest and one of the most inspirational things ever. Keep it up!! :-D