Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Work……………………...

Hi guys…

Stream of thoughts… here we go…

Work sucks. I'm tired of being cussed out on a  daily basis. Fuck you, stupid ass idiot, whatever, why the fuck can I not send the kids out on a referral? Why am I supposed to take that? Why when I send them out for that, you tell me I don't have control?

Why, when 80% of my kids have a D or F in 1 class it is my fault? I am teaching at grade level. I have a bunch of lazy kids, and I'm supposed to pass them? Laziness is not getting the kids anywhere. They need to see they're going to flunk, and hopefully be held back like the principal says. I can't in good conscience pass the kids for doing nothing. We hear it nonstop from the high school that the kids wonder why they can't succeed in high school when middle school they didn't have to do anything. My kids are going to work their little selves to get the grades they deserve. I don't baby.

Why do I have to have such crazy kids? No joke. I have 1 kid who has called in threats about the school, another who has been suspended 30 days this year, another who cusses me out, and then goes and punches the wall, one who thinks he is a dog and crawls on the floor and tries to pee act like he is peeing like a male dog, and barks randomly in class, or the kid who steals and doesn't know he is doing it (forget the name for that). All of these kids have been suspended at least 15 days, and due to district bureaucracy get to stay in the class and disrupt others. Kids like these need to be in a more restrained environment where they can't hurt 30 other students.

I did have a pretty good evaluation last week despite most of those crazies I mentioned above being present in class. The other 20 kids did a pretty good job ignoring them.

The students like A, K, R, M, and a few others do remind me that I am there to teach, and make my day better.

I've been so busy at work I haven't seen family.

I have had 2 great weekends, and am looking great to another. Spent last weekend along the beach, and the weekend before that in wine country with my man.

Took the test to be able to teach Espanol, and think I aced it. Hopefully it increases my chances of getting to high school….

3 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

If this was me, I would be all irrational like you are being right now. I don't mean that in a judgmental way. I just mean you are too emotionally close to the situation, which isn't a bad thing.

If someone else came to you with this situation. What would advice would you give.

fan of casey said...

Feeling like you don't have control yet have to be accountable for results is incredibly frustrating. In my current job, I often feel like that myself.

My immediate supervisors don't know what to do so they come to me to tell them; some times they follow my advice, other times they ignore my suggestions. Then when something blows up with the big boss, the big boss gets on my case for not doing a better job of advising my immediate supervisors. When I explain that I did my part, but they wouldn't listen, the big boss accuses me of not being a team player. Umm, hello! I told them what to do and they ignored it. What do you expect me to do? Go around them? Then I would be accused of insubordination. It's so lame, I felt like quitting many times too.

But you know I can't. I have to health insurance.

Anyway, I don't have any easy answers. Many times management claims to want to include underlings in decision making but they would rather ignore/bury problems than have to deal with difficult issues. It's often no-win when you are a staffer.

Aek said...

What kind of class are you teaching? Some of them sound like they need serious psychological evaluations and like a 504 Plan or something.