Need to get back into the blogging habit. I find it so therapeutic.
2 weeks ago we spent a great weekend in San Clemente, which is a newfound love. Great food and Fun people. Spent about 4 hours in a bar with a sassy latina bartender. Viva Columbia. Good wine too.
Last weekend we hung out with J&B at a fish restaurant we like. Caught up on family and happenings in our lives. Fun times. Went to a brewery attached to a pizza place after.
Spent this past week in NY - my first Thaksgiving away from my family. I missed seeing them since I haven't seen the majority of them since Easter, but it was good. Here's how the week unfolded:
- Spent Sunday night in LAX hotel with crunchy sheets. Got no sleep.
- Monday morning we had a nice 1st class flight to ORD and then onto Philly. Took forever to deice plane. Wanted to go see Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, as well as Poe's house, but didn't get the chance. Went to Atlantic City instead where I wasn't paying attention and was making $10 bets on video blackjack, and made over $100. Yay.
- Tuesday we visited Mike's family. Went to dinner with his parents at a Chinese restaurant where I had the most amazing grand mariner shrimp.
- Wednesday we went to NYC where we hung out with K, Mike's friend from Kindergarten on. We checked out her new studio apt and then went bar hopping in her neighborhood. We happened upon the most amazing restaurant there with shoestring fries and fish and good mashed potatoes. We will go there again. Also went to the Stonewall Bar where we found some really friendly people. Also met a hairstylist who was giving everyone pointers. Good times. Went and saw the balloons too. Stayed at Hilton in Fashion District.
- Thursday we got up about 7:15 and dressed. We got dressed and met up with K again. Drove uptown to a parking garage to go to our caviar restaurant/benedict restaurant. After, we went and watched the parade. Saw the pikachu, doughboy, and buzz lightyear balloons before heading out. So fun. Drove to Jersey and chatted with Mike's bros and parents as Thanksgiving dinner was being prepared. Did a little browsing online too. Watched TV and the games on.
- Friday we were up early. We were upgraded to 1st class again for our jaunt to LA.
- Weather throughout the trip was nice - cold, windy, and in the 30s. Wish it were a little colder. Snow would be nice too.
We are going back to NY next month, and I can't wait.
Christmas season is here. I have a strange obsession recently with my last name - those of you who know understand - it is unique, and well, I'm on a search for anything related to my last name. Have come across some good knick knacks for my classroom and for Christmas related to it.
My other big Christmas wants this year include a massage, pedicure, any Vans casuals shoes size 12, a small brown leather jacket that is collarless, a pair of any color of Nike Airs in size 13.
I'm thinking I want to propose to my man near the end of this year.
Work has been ok - we will talk about that later.
Anyone tried vaping? That seems to be the new thing, and well, for shits and giggles I tried it. It's so so.
My parents have 2 new dogs. 1 of them got lost and they got a replacement. Both are interesting. Both are house dogs now, but need to go out.