Monday, February 1, 2016

Almost a month of no posting

I cannot believe how crazy this month has been. Gather round and let's talk about it.

Work ---

While on vacation in the Caribbean I had a voicemail from 3 different leaders at my school/in the district asking me to take a temporary position outside of the classroom at my school due to a shit storm that occurred at it and another school prior to going off on break. I agreed because it is good experience and when a district office person asks you to do something, you do it.

So I've been out of the classroom for the better part of a month. My new position is not bad. I have all of the qualifications and skills necessary to do the job. It involves little student interaction, which I'm told with how terrible my classes are right now, that is a good thing. Long term, I'm not sure about that...

The position could become permanent - we will find that out as the year progresses.

School ---

I finished my last admin credential class this month, which is awesome. Before my vice principal finished his. LOL. Part of the shit storm.

So back to that, the class was painful. I had no interest in it. The book was of little help. The professor was of little help also.

Had a ridiculous 75 slide PowerPoint to complete that just wasn't writing itself. It took some serious drinking on my end to get it there, and then the only comment I got from the professor was how I didn't cover the topic. Oh well, I got an A, still.

Family --- 

Sister is a hot mess. We were at dinner a few weeks back and she swore one of the waiters was her student. Didn't even give her the time of day. I went up to the guy afterward and asked if he went to the schools she has taught at. He didn't. She lied.

Things are going well with my partner and I. His parents have been here for a few weeks. They're fun. His mom is nice and easygoing. His dad is fun, especially since he treats us to dinner, and is amusing in just the stuff he says. They're here for a few more weeks.

Me ---

Little gym time with the parents here, but I am making it a point to walk and stay active however that may be.

My favorite drink of the moment - a Manhattan. I can make a pretty bomb ass one if I do say so myself.

I discovered when I get too overheated at night from too many covers is when I will usually start dreaming. And I have some weird ass dreams. A lot of them about my grandma's property. GRRR.

No comments: