Monday, April 20, 2015

Adnauseum post about cars

You guys know I keep talking about buying a car... or wanting a car... its a dead horse with me

I have a former coworker who wants to buy my car - he will give me KBB or greater for it. I could get about $5,500-6,500 for my car. It is a 2008 with 103,000 miles.

I like my car - I get about 30mpg, its a compact, it has bluetooth, no-key ignition, and more. It has a few problems - some paint is chipping and missing from an unfortunate tire incident.

But sometimes I see car deals and am tempted.

I like the idea of a lot of leases right now - $129 a month, $900 down for 24 or 36 months, $169 a month and $0 drive off. Lots of deals. I dislike the idea of not owning something, a little higher insurance because of a lease, and the chance of any damage that may occur that I may have to pay for.

My partner is encouraging me to sell my car if I can get that much for it. He has 3 cars, and says I can drive any 1 of those. My everyday car would become an older model SUV. I like the idea - I would save money - unless gas prices go up anymore ($3.00 costs $50.00 to fill the SUV up). The thing is my car is my freedom, and I have a hard time giving that up, though there is no reason not to...

I'm unsure if I want to lease or buy. I know if I want to buy I want to wait...


No comments: