Monday, April 13, 2015

Can't sleep

My partner travels about 50% of the time. I'd say about 50% of the time I don't get a great night's sleep. I've gotten over the sleep issues from my past - taking hours to fall asleep - Melatonin solved that.

What has me wide awake is my surroundings - we have a sliding glass door in the bedroom - what if someone breaks in? Mind you, it has a stopper to prevent it from opening more than a foot. What if the dog doesn't bark and there is an intruder? What if there are burglars? What if I don't hear any of this?

These are the things I'm up against when I'm trying to get some sleep.

Tonight I'm 1,500 miles away from my partner - in a hotel room of my own - and I'm sure it'll be like last night when I was at home. I couldn't sleep. I was worried about everything that could happen. I miss the security when he is around. I miss laying next to him.

No comments: