Tuesday, October 4, 2011



WHAT A WEEK... OMG... I HAD AN AWFUL WEEK. I was out 3 days due to jury duty and a conference. I was not happy. I came back and my kids were off the wall. I had to get out of school ASAP, but knew that I needed to do lots of planning during the weekend. I left at 3:30 and went straight to Mike's. He was working on his expense reports for work, so he did that until nearly 5:30 and I created 2 Powerpoints and my lesson plans for the week. It was productive and in an environment I was much less frustrated in. We spent some time chatting about our days, Adam Levine, and how we both assume he is gay despite him dating girls. Sure, part of the reason was to move like Jagger, but Mike is convinced after seeing him on Ellen the other day that it is not the case.

After, we head to the French restaurant we went on one of our first dates to. We had to spend at least $100 to use our restaurant.com gift certificate, so that meant imbibing on a nice $40 bottle of wine, a steak with shrimp, and he had a vegetarian deal. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at dinner- sit down, wine, dine, good stuff. Lots of talk about frustrations at work.

After dinner we head home and relax on the couch watching Ellen. We both fall asleep on the couch.


We both wake up about 7:30 or 8. We shower and eat breakfast about 10 or so. We go to the dry cleaners to drop off our clothes, then go to Kohls to price vacuum cleaners. We also go to Target to look for clearance and don't find much. We went grocery shopping at Fresh & Easy, got a lot of squash, a cake for me to make. I went back to his place and made the cake- it didn't turn out well. We didn't have a cake for dessert as the center wouldn't cook even after an hour +. We had some leftover spaghetti that he made for dinner. We both fell asleep on the couch- we watch the Bravo Top Chef Desserts, Food Truck Race, and more.


We woke up, showered, watched Anderson on Tivo, then ended up cuddling on the couch. He made an egg and bread for breakfast, but then we went back to cuddling. I laid up against him and on his lap for a while until we decided to move. We went to Kohls and Home Depot. We bought an LG vacuum at Home Depot since they price matched Sears saving him $75.

We went to Lake Arrowhead after. We walked around the village and ended up in a Mexican joint where we ate tortilla chips, tacos, and enchiladas. There wasn't much to see and I was disappointed not many of the trees were changing for fall. We went to a few more mountain communities while we were up there just to drive around and see what was there.

Back down in the city at his house we try out the vacuum and discover how disappointing it was since it doesn't suction well. We decide it has to go back. We have leftover spaghetti from the other night for dinner, then spend some time lesson planning.


Up at 6:15 since he had an early day. I had another awful day at work- a headache compounded with an observation, compounded by stress from testing, plus a few wacko kiddos.

At 3:30 I head home to get clothing and visit with my dad for about 30 minutes before turning around to get back at Mike's at 5:15. I come in, put my clothes in the closet, and he is showering. I go in the living room and text a coworker, Blondie, who was under the weather. Mike comes out dressed and we go to return the vacuum. We look at 2 Kohls for the new vacuum he wanted, but they didn't have it, and refused to match Walmart's price, so we give up. We go to Olive Garden for the never-ending pasta bowl for dinner. We enjoy chatting with the guy at the bar who encouraged me to get some pasta to go for lunch- that was nice. While at the bar he buys a vacuum online for less than what he would have paid in a department store.

We go back to his place and watch Desperate Housewives and Pan Am, and sort of doze on the couch.

We go to bed about 11. We brush our teeth and kiss each other good night. He's getting into the habit of saying "I love you" when we go to bed and he was so tired he didn't realize he didn't say it and 2-3 minutes after we went to bed he poked me and rolled over to kiss me so he could say it. Too sweet. I was the one that started saying it as we went to bed... lol.


Back at work and more chaos...

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Sounds like are settling into a familiar routine with your BF.