Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bloggers take on Hollywood

I had the fun opportunity this past Thursday to meet up with Troy from Chicago, K from New York, JR, Kelly, and David from LA.

I met up with Troy and K at about 2:30p.m. at their hotel in Beverly Hills. I made great timing coming from work. It took 1 hour to get there exactly. I was on the phone with Troy a couple times letting him know about my progress.

I met K walking through the hotel. He was going in to use the bathroom. We smiled at each other, then gave each other a quick hug. Then as I am waiting Troy calls me to say that he is in front of me in his car. I walk over, and sure enough he was. About this time K is coming out. We head out to Melrose to the True Religion store.

Troy drives and we find a place to park. The parking meter said "fail" on it. We walked down Melrose and did not find the True Religion store. It was in the other direction we later found out. We walked down Melrose despite this, K and Troy looking on their iPhones for the store using google maps.

We stop in a store and have gelato and ice cream. I had to pick the ice cream that screamed gay (rainbow sherbet), I don't remember Troy's exact wording, other than it was something along the lines of I would pick the gayest ice cream. I think it was the perfect ice cream however. Wasn't Thursday the first day of Spring? It is a nice, light, ice cream, and it is spring colors. We talk about how Troy is catty that day and how K was the horny one. K thought our waiter was hot, but he did nothing for me. K thought he was an attainable hot. I didn't know what that was supposed to mean, but I said attainable sounds like lowered standards for him.

We head out afterward after being unsuccessful finding the True Religion store and try to go to meet Kelly and David at the Beverly Center. We use the navigation system in Troy's car and iphones to help us try to find the way. The navigation system however was terrible. It was telling routing us back to the hotel I think at once, then to everywhere but the Beverly Center. Troy was getting frustrated with it. We drove through the streets of Beverly Hills singing Mariah Carey's new song "Touch My Body," at one point when they play it on the radio. I told them how I worked Mariah Carey into a spelling test I had to give at work that day and how I burst out singing "Touch My Body" to a group of middle schoolers. The word was "soloist" and I said in a sentence "Mariah Carey is a soloist." The kids laughed and asked me if I knew who Mariah Carey was. I said of course and I started singing "Touch My Body, put me on the floor, roll me around..." The kids got a kick out of it.

At the Beverly Center we park, then go to Diesel where Troy and K look for jeans. I look at shoes. I just bought 3 pairs of Diesel shoes, so I didn't need anymore. We go to Bloomingdales also where I see some Charlie Brown themed shirts that I liked and was tempted to buy. One had Shroeder (the piano guy?) on it and it said "player." K said I needed that for later that night. We also walked through the underwear section there where we looked at Ginch Gonch, 2xist, and other brands of underwear and talk about our likes and dislikes. Soon we meet up with Kelly and David and go back to Diesel for Troy to buy his jeans. We also hit up a couple other stores in the mall. I was about to buy a gray sweater with a blue argyle pattern at Banana Republic. They didn't have my size out, and I was a little mad because I really liked the look. I complained to K about it and then went back and asked if they had it. The lady put some more out, but then I tried it on and it did not go well with my hair color and eyes.

It was getting late and K needed at least 30 minutes to get ready, so we make our way back to the hotel. We hang around in the hotel while K is getting ready and showering. In the car I brought my phone out and showed K and Troy pictures of The Guy. Troy is obviously into much twinkier looking guys, and after he saw a pic and asked how old he was said, "yes, he does look his age." While I do disagree with Troy on that, it was funny though, especially because Troy's catty side came out, which is him, as he said.

We head out for dinner at Ketchup in West Hollywood. JR met us there. We sat around at dinner and had martinis. I had the summer lovin martini. It was fun to sit and talk. I had the beer can chicken, which was pretty good, but I was a little underwhelmed. It could have used a lot more flavoring in the actual chicken or on the skin. The garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables were delicious though. Afterward, Troy had to beg JR to go to Tigerheat with us and it was very cute to see Troy with his arms up jumping around, asking him to go. Who wouldn't give in to that?

We then hit Tigerheat. I bought Troy a round of drinks because he paid for my dinner. We could only use 3 credit cards at the restaurant and I never carry more than $20 or so on me. I should have planned to get cash out of the ATM earlier, but that would have been to easy. As Troy said, by doing this he had a guy buying him drinks all evening. HAHA. We hang out on the sides of the dance floor and upstairs while having drinks. Then we make our way out onto the dance floor and dance. It was a lot of fun. A couple times during the evening JR was trying to find me a guy and get me to go up and dance with one. I think he made a comment about how I wouldn't because The Guy is mine and by dancing with someone else I wouldn't be faithful. HAHA. No- we're not boyfriends, so it doesn't matter. Were there any super hot guys there? Not so much- a lot of the guys were really twinky looking and I'm not into that. I'm into college aged looking guys, guys a couple years older, etc. JR was joking around later and said he found a guy who looked to be about 60 at the club and pointed him out to me. TOOO OLD, WAY TOO OLD JR. JR was encouraging me to go out and find a guy, but it was hard when I didn't find any guy super hot and it is hard for me to go up to a guy. I guess I don't possess JR's natural charm and know all the pick up stuff that JR does.

We stay at the club until 2a.m. and then David brought us back to the hotel. We stop at 7-11 so K could get a cinnamon roll. He is so random, which was hilarious- after the club he wanted to go to another club to find a guy, he wanted a bagel and cream cheese, and things of that sort. We get back to the hotel and I get my car out of valet parking. Then K, Troy, and I hug and say goodbye.

It was fun to get to do this. I have read these guys blogs, and I know I have said this before, but it is so cool how we know each other through them, how we would have never met each other otherwise, then getting to hang out with them was totally awesome. I felt so comfortable around them.

I got home at 3:30a.m. and was supposed to sub on Friday, but it was 3:45 before I actually got to bed I said FORGET IT and called in. I had a fight also to deal with because my mom's friend Linda, with whom I'm staying called me 6 times at the club to ask where I was- after I had already cleared it with her AND MY MOM that I would probably be home after 3a.m. When I got home, she was crying and was telling me how worried she was, how her son would never do this, how that is too late to be staying out and when you're staying out that late it is because you're having sex, which is bad. So to all of you bloggers, thanks for the sex; it was great and memorable.She told me how bad sex was and how bad it is out of wedlock. Basically I told her I was sorry, I was with a group of guys, we went to dinner and hung out just chatting. Not necessarily lying, but not telling her anything she didn't need to know. She was hurt, but I didn't care.

And while we're on the subject, Troy, I want to post a few pics of HOT OLDER GUYS for you...
David James Elliott, George Clooney, and Matt Damon


4 comments:

B said...

Sounds like a fun night!

Anonymous said...

awesome night, glad Linda's reaction didn't ruin it for you.

SCalRF said...

That's cool, I'm glad these blogs have allowed you all to become so close.

Crap Newsman said...

So, can you please tell JR to update his blog?