Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The mom convo.

The mom conversation did happen in the car this afternoon coming home from work together.

We were talking about random things like my sister's friends in college and how she has so many. Then the conversation made a transition to "so, tell me about your friend The Guy." I asked what she wanted to know. She wanted to know how long I've known him and I said a year, which is true. She asked his age and I said the age on his myspace. She asked about his family and I told the truth. His parents do support him, they do pay for some/all of his college, and he has a younger brother. She asked why he is still in college at his age. I said he went back to school, which is true. He went back and is getting his PHD. She asked what his major is and I said English, which is technically true. I said he is getting a minor in Spanish, which is not true, but I have lied in the past by saying he was a guy in my Spanish class, but this provides the college connection to him, which is what I know my mom wants to hear so he is not just any random guy.

So all in all, it was a little lying, but there was more truth.

Thanks guys for all the comments you've been giving and well wishes. It makes me want to be more honest knowing that I have encouragement.

1 comment:

B said...

Glad the truth is making its way out.