Friday, August 19, 2011

Favorite quick breakfast

What is your favorite quick breakfast? I'm stumped for ideas. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day and one I am least creative about - maybe because anything good takes a really long time.

Making a quiche is not hard on a Sunday night, but I'm not in the mood for it as of recent.

I've made breakfast burritos in the past on a Sunday night and made enough to last the entire week, but those sound so unappealing right now. Same for breakfast sandwiches with ham, cheese, and egg.

Ideally I need something that can be made in under 7 minutes and eaten in 5-6.

I ate English muffins with Nutella or peanut butter everyday last year. I'm tired of that, and will probably continue, though. If I eat it at 6a.m. it will usually last me until 10a.m. or so.

I'm also looking for something filling. I don't really have time to deal with the midmorning hungries when I'm in the middle of class.

So what do you like to eat that lasts a good 5-6 hours in the morning for breakfast and is quick to make?

5 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Spam musubi. Haha, here in Hawaii all the local McDonalds serve spam-egg platters for breakfast.

How about cereal and some milk? Bagel with cream cheese? I like variety so I wouldn't like to eat the same thing everyday.

Aek said...

I'm terrible with breakfast. I allot myself like, 7 minutes total to make and eat. So usually it defaults to fruit and/or pb&j. If I have a little bit of time, I'll usually go for grilled cheese or something. If I've got a good half an hour, maybe french toast or pancakes.

Mind Of Mine said...

Breakfast is a non existent meal for me, I am never hungry until lunch time, around 1 or 2pm.

Mike said...

@ fan of casey: I'm lucky if cereal/granola last me 2-3 hours. Bagels are fine, but only last 3-4 hours.

@ Aek: Grilled cheese... hmmm

@ Mind of Mine: I can't even imagine...

Anonymous said...

/