Thursday, August 4, 2011

2 sickies

The BF and I got sick after both visiting Knotts the other day. We both have colds. I debated Tuesday if it were sinus and he told me Tuesday afternoon he thought it was just a cold. I didn't see him Monday or Tuesday because of that, but because I was busy at work.

I went over to see him yesterday after work. He was doing laundry and cleaning when I got to his place. We went into his office where I typed lesson plans and he handled stuff with work. We stayed there a few hours, then he asked what I wanted for dinner. I asked if we were going out or cooking. He said to come with him and we went to our favorite steakhouse. I ordered a filet mignon just because he was telling me about the salmonella recall and I felt like chancing my luck. I like to challenge him like that. Lots of talk about work, the people, the kids, the lesson planning, and overall he was very receptive and understanding, which I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciate, especially after how he challenged me weeks back about my chosen profession. We talked about my mom's situation too.

Afterward we back to his house and I fell asleep while he watched something on TV. I was dozing during the entire time and swore I was awake. Fell asleep about 8:30 and we made it to bed about 9:30. I slept well. I woke up around 1am feeling rested, we woke up several times to go to the bathroom since the medicine him and I both took made us need to urinate constantly. I know you needed to know that, but the point is that I woke up rested despite waking up to sniffles and one of us getting up.

I was at work bright and early at 6:30. Go me!

I'm feeling much better, just have a lot of thick phlegm.

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Rest up. Good opportunity to see how well you take care of one another while being sick. Make some chicken soup.

Aek said...

Awww, I hope you get well soon! Get plenty of rest but don't let that slow you down too much!