Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Hope you guys have a good day!!! I plan to sleep. Originally we were going over to my aunt's house, but someone developed a case of tonsillitis late last night and spent several hours at Kaiser. As much as I don't like the insanity that comes with going to my aunt's house because of all the little kids, I'm going to miss it this year. Those little kids are pretty bad. I only get to see the extended family 2-3 times a year, so it is something I look forward to.

It doesn't really seem like Thanksgiving to me- the weather has been a bit warm lately, we managed to avoid the lines at the grocery store (and seeing all the people there usually causes me to realize it is the holiday season). I've noticed that this past week everywhere I went everyone was wishing each other a Happy Thanksgiving, but it just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving. Also, not going over to the relatives houses doesn't help.

Though this Thanksgiving is not turning out as planned; I did however want to post what I'm thankful for since what I'm thankful for is a little different this year. 2007 really has been an awesome year, which is a nice change after 2006 was really crappy. So here are some things I'm thankful for:
Meeting great guys - that includes fellow bloggers and The Guy. I think because I've met a lot of you I've been more encouraged to take big leaps toward coming out.
Gonzo- we've become a lot closer this year - I'm also thankful she was so supportive of my coming out
Good grades- 'nuf said...
Friends- they're great
Family- Most of the time they're great, there for me to talk to, listen, and support me. I've become a lot closer over the past year to people like my cousin, which is awesome.
My job- Love the kids I work with and most of my coworkers. I enjoy going to work everyday.
My body- Thanks to my gym membership I'm pretty happy with it and the results.
Health- this could be debatable after this case of tonsillitis I've developed and some other things the doctor was concerned about yesterday, but I'm happy that I'm rarely sick when I am. I take care of myself to try and avoid getting sick and I'm thankful it is paying off.
My grandma is still alive- She'll be 88 in December!
Amazing opportunities I've had this year- Kind of a mish-mash of everything I've said above, but some other tidbits... meeting new people, getting to travel to see my best friend in Mississippi, getting to travel to Nashville, getting an awesomme internship, and opportunities to meet fellow bloggers.

I'm thankful that I'm very happy at this point in my life.

2 comments:

B said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aek said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Sleep is absolutely amazing, btw.