Monday, November 19, 2007

Karaoke at a club

Gonzo and I made plans to go to a gay club Sunday night. I spent Saturday night texting her. Instead of going to what I knew was an all out, gay, dance club we opted for the quieter club that caters to gays in the area.

Sunday night was karaoke night. We got there and walked through. Nobody was dancing- just sitting around talking and a few people were on stage doing karaoke. The crowd was guys and girls of all ages. There were older women in their 60s up by the karaoke stage. There was a young group of guys and girls who were about 20 at the back. There was a large group of guys in their 20s and 30s in the middle of the patio.

One guy sang Simple Plan's "Addicted" and he sang the song with attitude, but lacked the whiney voice needed for the song. Gonzo kept asking me what I was going to sing. I said NOTHING unless she was going to. She wasn't. She kept pressuring. She said I should sing my ringtone "Watching Airplanes," by Gary Allan, but I said no. The only songs we could think of were "Wait for You," by Elliott Yamin, "What Hurts The Most," Rascal Flatts, and "These Days," by Rascal Flatts. She got the paper, I wrote down those 3 songs. This was about 10:30. I couldn't believe it... after being there 1 1/2 hours I was finally going to do karaoke. Oh well... I figure if I was going to come out I had to do it in a big way and singing karaoke would be coming out... haha.

Anyways, in the meantime while everyone was up on stage singing Gonzo was asking me what guys I found hot and getting an idea for my type. I like tall, tall and muscular, tall and skinny, latino, and so on she deduced. The bouncer at the club was sooooo hot- very skinny latino guy with spikey hair and sparkling brown eyes. He was about 5'7''. Really, I'm not that particular in looks, but it took a while for Gonzo to determine this and she thinks I'm as picky in men as women.

I went to the bathroom about this time and there were 2 guys in the bathroom talking about cum on their faces. I went and did my business- as I was doing it, I heard a guy talking asking if the cute guy with the green t-shirt had been here before. The guy in the green t-shirt was me. One guy said he didn't know. I finished up, wanted to know who was asking, but then when I came out they were gone.

Finally about 11:15 the guy asked Mikey to come up to the outdoor stage. I had the microphone and watched the computer monitor to see what was going to come up. The 4 lesbian girls who were probably 21 or 22 cheered me on. Gonzo and I had cheered them all on when they did "Like a Virgin," by Madonna and Gigi did "Honey I'm Home," by Shania Twain. The song that appeared was "Wait For You," by Elliott Yamin. I got up there, tried my hardest. My eyes were glued to the computer monitor making sure I didn't miss a line. I occasionally looked over at Gonzo and the lesbians. By this time, most of the club had cleared out. There were maybe 20 people still around. I remember looking over at Gonzo who was videotaping it on her cell phone. It was fun though. I was nervous talking about it and thinking about going up there, but after the first couple lines I was fine. It was easy. The lesbian girls and one lady who sang 4 or 5 other songs all clapped loudly for me. Gonzo said I have "gangsta" status now. She vows to tell everyone at work I did karaoke. Her cell phone deleted the video because it went over the time. Oh well... haha... less embarrassment that way if she brings anything up. I'll just pipe in and say I did do it- and I had the balls to unlike her, she flat out refused.

We stayed around for a few guys who sang a song from "RENT." The lesbians did "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood. After that, we took off.

We talked about what we plan to do this week on the way home and how next time we'll go to a real club. Overall, fun night, something I wouldn't normally do. Also knocked something off my list of things I want to do in life... sing karaoke in front of a large group of people at a bar. HAHA... yay!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another gay guy that likes country. that makes, um, three. yay!