Sunday, October 24, 2010

My weekly update

Since I'm always out and about...

Monday:
Work- the kids were difficult and getting kind of crazy. I think it was the rain that continued all week.

Tuesday:
Work- I got paid since Linda had a literacy conference to attend, so I subbed for her, and the day went fine with the exception of 2 periods
Dinner- went out to dinner with Linda and my parents

Wednesday:
Work- it went better- the kids were still crazy
I met Ry for a dinner out after his class at El Torito. We shared the appetizer platter, which was delicious, and the flautas were the best part. I drove down there doing my dad a favor of getting everything out of my sister's car so the insurance company could total it.

Thursday:
Work- It went ok- very busy finishing grades
Dinner with Linda, my sis, and mom

Friday:
Work- it was such a crazy day with grades being due, writing prompt testing, an assembly, and my last day. I was at school until 4:15.
Halloween Party- I was supposed to be at a family Halloween party in the next city over at 5:30, but when it was 5:10 before I got home and 5:40 before everyone was ready we didn't make it on time. My aunt was throwing a party con carnitas, hot dogs, chili, nachos, and tons of cookies/desserts. It was fun to talk, catch up, dance to 80s music, bounce on the tall inflatable slide, and all sorts of things. Oh, and I was a doctor.

Saturday:
Car shopping- we test drove 5 cars and narrowed it down to 1. I've been bombarded by calls all weekend from dealers, just dealing with dealers in person was annoying enough.
Movie- I went to a movie with Keith and a friend of his who is his regular fuck buddy apparently. We went to El Torito where I got my flautas otra vez y era muy delicioso. We saw the facebook movie "Social Network." That was an excellent movie. I was skeptical of it. I have to say that it was one of the few movies that I become engrossed in. Oh, and Armie Hammer, and Andrew Garfield, who played the Winklevoss boys and Eduardo were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fine. Seeing how Mark Zuckerberg just totally stepped on the privacy of all the Harvard students in the different houses made me skeptical/feel vulnerable about what I put out online like on my facebook, so it was a good movie.

Sunday:
Car shopping- we may be getting a car today. We know the color, the options, and now it is waiting on 2 dealers. One will match any price we receive, and this is the dealer where we got my car. He has the car my mom wants, but not the interior color. He is trying to track down a car with the right interior color. The other dealer is where we got my mom's old car from and we really liked the service, but they have been slow to respond.

Vacation:
I bought my ticket last night to Orlando for the week of Thanksgiving. I'm going to Disney World!!! I'm also going to get to hang out with a certain someone down there :-).

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Disney World sounds like it's going to be fun. Do they have a gay day there too like Disneyland?

Are you doing all the negotiating on the car purchase? That seems like something your dad would do but since you said he doesn't like conflict, I can see why you are handling it.

Aek said...

Oh! Mike the doctor, eh? I'm sure you had a stethoscope to listen to people's hearts? ;-)

fan of casey said...

Mike: If you are getting an extended warranty on the car, bargain hard on that; make use of online manufacturer's options as leverage on your local dealer.

Anonymous said...

I GOT A NEW YORK TICKET. AND THEN HAD OTHER VIOLATIONS AFTER THAT IN PENNSYLVANIA. THE POINTS IN NY DON'T TRANSFER INTO P.A. AND I CALLED THE DMV AND THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD NO RECORD OF OUT OF STATE TICKETS. JUST MY VIOLATION IN STATE.