Saturday, October 16, 2010

A second dinner

Ry and I had been chatting almost daily still. There was only 1 day that he didn't IM or text me, and I didn't do the same to him. Yesterday he was particularly flirty and was telling me how he was in bed, wanting to cuddle, and wanting me to do the same. At about 7p.m. I just decide to message him on AIM. He texts me at the same exact time, which was funny. He tells me how hungry he was. A few more texts later and I admit spinach dip sounds good since I went out with my mom, Linda, a few teachers, and hardly touched my food. The salad bar at the restaurant didn't phase me, and lemon chicken was just not what I was wanting. I had 2-3 bite . I just wasn't hungry. A few texts later he asks me what I'm going to do. I ask him at about the same time he messages me that, "do you want to go to TGI Fridays?" He had messaged me earlier in the week and agreed that he did. I leave the house at 8.

I arrive at his place at 8:40. I had to park waaaay around the corner. The door to his apartment was closed. When he opened the door we hugged and kissed, then he showed me his cat wound. His cat punctured his leg in 7-8 places on Monday morning and now it is starting to bruise. He sent me pics of it via text earlier in the week. We head over to TGI Fridays at the Block at Orange. On our way he tells me about the cat doing it, how he kept disinfecting it all week, coworkers told him to let it crust over, and then now he was looking at how to make bruises last for a shorter time. Basically he learned he needs to rub the bruise to recirculate the blood.

We get to TGI Fridays and there is about a 25 minute wait. We wait outside. We aren't given a pager to tell us when our table is ready. We stand outside talking about our weeks. Then after 25 minutes we walk inside and the employees called us long ago they claimed. Usually they check outside, but didn't. They did get us a table pretty quickly after we said we were here.

We get to our table and are seated across from one of Ry's former employees who was having a girls night out. We decide on the 2 for $20. I got my spinach dip and though I wasn't wanting an entree got the prime rib pasta. I had several bites of it. After we shared the red velvet cake dessert. The cake wasn't bad. It is pretty hard to find a good red velvet cake. We chat a lot about school and other things.

We walk out of Fridays and it is misty outside. We are both frozen and walk to his car and put the heat up to full blast. We thaw and he tells me about his dad living on a boat and we talk about earthquakes and random stuff like that. He likes earthquakes. I don't.

We get back to his place and he plays with his crazy cat. We watch some show Ghost Ship or something on TMC. I'm getting tired, as he is too. I playfully hit him once or twice when he said some things that I disagreed with- I don't recall what. We eventually in the last 10 minutes or so of sitting, hanging on the couch, started holding each others hands and I rested my head on his. I was having a hard time not falling asleep. It was 12:30a.m.

We finally decide to call it a night and I walk over to the door where we hug and kiss. I get home at 1:10. I was glad I was able to make it home. And I was able to sleep to 9:30 like Ry thought I would.

3 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

U talked about earthquakes? How? Seriously...how can you talk about earthquakes...bt even then it seemed like a great date!!

fan of casey said...

Mike: That sounds like a sweet time. Taking things slow and easy, no pressure and just get to know one another more I think is helpful towards solidifying the coming "R" word discussion.

Aek said...

Awww. :-)

Oh, I'm not sure that rubbing a bruise would make it go away faster. It's possible, but I kind of doubt it. It might also make the bruise temporarily bigger.