Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weekend wrap up Wednesday

Bullet style because I'm late!

- Hung out with Mike Friday and Saturday night
- Friday night we went to an Italian restaurant that is definitely one of my new favorites- he took me there one of the first few times we hung out
- We were in the neighborhood of where all my family lives, and we had talked about where they live, so I showed their houses. Basically the convo was about how they all got took to live in the area they chose to
- Went back to his place and watched 30 Rock or some other TV show - we both fell asleep about 10:30
- We were up and fooling around early
- Saturday morning he made cheese omelets and bread for breakfast
- Went car shopping- Mike is looking to lease a new car since his Aztek has almost 100,000 miles. He likes unusual cars and was looking for an unusual one as a replacement... you can guess what he wants as a replacement
- Went to 4-5 different dealers in 4-5 different cities
- Went for empanadas, which made my day, and Mike liked them he said
- Went on a search for a Redbox - he asked if I was staying the night- wasn't planning to- but did- we watched Toy Story 3
- Went on a search for furniture - the signs said model home furniture closeout, and the house was a mid 80s track home... umm... sketchy
- Fell asleep on the couch shortly after watching some other random shows
- Woke up about 8:30-9
- Mike made omelets and bread again for breakfast
- We watched a few shows on Tivo, then I took off around 12
- I texted my cousin for a number for a dryer repairman for him

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: OMG, an Aztek! That was way out there styling-wise. If I had to guess on another unusual vehicle, I'd guess Honda Crosstour. Another over-the-top style. If you are going to get that, he might as well get the Toyota Venza, cheaper and more usable space.

Toy Story 3 was great. I loved that they included the japanese toy Totoro, of "My Neighbor Totoro" fame, which I finally watched this past weekend on www.veoh.com. It got me hooked on a bunch of other Miyazaki anime classics.

Mike said...

You were right on the Crosstour. $300 per month leases and nothing down. The Venza is well, ugly, we both aren't big fans of Toyota. The lease rates also aren't great.

And I just can't get into anime. I've tried watching it and reading a really short, like 5 page comic, and it did nothing for me. :-\

fan of casey said...

Mike: I knew it! Crosstour -- I still don't get who is the target audience. If I wanted a wagon, I'd go with a Subaru. Plus you pay a big SUV price but you get just a little more space than the sedan. With a good lease rate it might be worth it.

Venza does have that really bizarre front grill, that's the only thing that bothers me styling wise. I still like my Highlander.