Thursday, February 24, 2011

Keeping up with our new Wednesday tradition

The Guy texted me last Saturday about hanging out on Wednesday. I told him it was a plan and as the days got nearer we confirmed with each other, and had actually texted about random happenings in our lives over the past couple days. When I confirmed Tuesday night he told me to meet him at his place by 4 on Wednesday and to just make myself at home since he was not going to be there until then.

I get to his place at 3:15 and work on my computer. When I say work I really mean update my amazon.com wishlist.

The Guy pulled up about 4 exactly. He just got a haircut. He said the plan was that Joe wanted to hang out, Casey wanted to hang out and needed his computer returned to him, and Bear wanted to hang out since his boyfriend was out for the night. While heading down to pick up Casey, The Guy got the scoop on Mike. He was amused and was happy for us. He was surprised at how different we are and how I must not be compatible... lol. He asked if that was alright with me, and it was. The plan was to go get Casey, one of us would go with The Guy to pick up the dogs, and then Joe would meet us at The Guy's house. Bear found out later his boyfriend wanted him home and couldn't do dinner, but could do drinks afterward. The Guy finishes up Casey's computer when we get back to The Guy's house. Then the two of them go to get the dogs, so I kill time on my computer, and in that time Joe shows up. Joe sits next to me on the couch and we start talking about our favorite iPhone apps. He asks me to go to a website that has song meanings and I knew I had it bookmarked since I couldn't remember the name. He sees my bookmarks and we find ourselves scrolling through the hot guys at Cocks and Asses Only. Joe was curious if it really was only cocks and asses. He realized it wasn't and was turned on by the guys.

Casey and The Guy get back with the dogs, Bear texted he was not able to go to dinner, and we were all hungry. We went to dinner. We went to what The Guy claimed was the best Mexican food place up the street from him. Bitter Mexican food if you ask me, my inner Mexican died. The guacamole had no flavor. The ceviche was yummy, though. Chili powder and tomato sauce should not cover an enchilada. It can have both, but it should have more of an enchilada type sauce with a mix of the two. It tasted like it came directly from a can. Everyone else seemed to be happy. We talked about lots at dinner. We talked about me applying for my credential on Monday, the inefficiency at my college, Joe's graduation from vet school, whether we are doing graduation announcements, bad TV like anything on LOGO like A-List and Big Gay Sketch Show, bad dates, WIC, and welfare.

Walking back to the car we talk about speedos and Joe's big dick. Joe becomes the butt of all of our jokes after that. At The Guy's place we look at queerty and other sites while we pass time. Bear shows up a few minutes later. We go in the kitchen and open a bottle of bad wine and then compare it with good wine. We then go in the living room and watch 2 episodes of Downton Abbey, which was really good. The Guy raved about it, and I understand why. Great show. It is about life in 1914 after the sinking of the Titanic it seems. It is about a rich family and their maids and other things it seems. We watched 2 episodes. The Guy got stoned and tried some doggy pills that were safe for humans according to Joe. He was pretty spacey and we made fun of him for that. I was tired about 10:30 and took off right after Joe. I left his place at 10:37 and got home at 11:07. 30 minutes, which is my record for getting home from his place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got a call at 7:05 to sub at the high school about 5 miles from my house this morning. This was my first time at the school as a substitute. I had heard the school trash talked by those that went to the high school I went to/student taught at, but it was an assignment that I couldn't resist. It was 3 hours of Spanish I. I throw on some clothes and head out. I get there a little early to find out where to go/park/all that jazz and as I'm in the administration building, Luis from school comes walking in. We had an education class together last quarter and one this quarter. He teaches at the school. I wouldn't call us friends, rather acquaintances, and I'll work with him when we are placed in a group together. We just aren't on the same wavelength personalitywise. Anyways, I hear him yell out "MIKE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I told him I was called to sub and he asked if I'd ever been there before. I tell him no and he says that there was no way I'd find the room on my own, so he showed me where to go. He showed me where the restrooms were and where to park next time. He saw an administrator out as we were walking and told him that I was a friend of his and to check me out. And he did come to check me out in my 3rd period. I was leading the class through the vocabulary that they were memorizing. I want to teach Spanish and just need to take the test again, so I have to give Luis props, plus the exposure/good word he gave about me. Hopefully Luis and I have class so that I can thank him and tell him about my experience. And the kids weren't bad at all. They were wonderful. They lacked the attitude of middle schoolers and the rich kid attitude at the school I student taught at. I felt like this is a school I would like to work at.

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: yes, you should send out graduation announcements -- you've worked hard to achieve your success and people should know about it.