Thursday, December 18, 2008

2 week hiatus

I have talked to The Guy a cuple times in the past couple weeks. He has been busy being hurt, enamored, and in love with Josh. He kept a full schedule and I did too going to various holiday functions and hanging out with friends. We were going to hang out earlier this week, but he canceled to work on his paper for school that he STILL hasn't finished. He's had 18 EXTRA weeks. EXTRA. Last night we pretty much agreed we'd hang out today.

I texted him at 10:30 while at work and bored. He texted me back saying he had a new friend- a stray dog Jeff brought over to his house. I told him I was bored at work and asked what time he wanted to meet up. I texted him that I was bored and wanted to know what he was doing- my intention was we'd text and he'd keep me company. He said I should come check out the puppy. I called him to make sure because I knew he planned to work on his paper. He said he should, but didn't. I get to his place about 12:30.

I get over to his place about 11 and am greeted by his dog running to the door to see me, then the little mutt comes trailing behind. The mutt is a little black dog probably a cross between a daschund and something else would be my guess. He tells me he gave the dog a bath with Jeff, then put conditioner on him. He stands up from laying on the couch with the computer and plays around with both dogs. They're barking nonstop at each other playfully. The Guy's dog wanted to be more playful than the mutt. The Guy tells me about his talks with Josh and how he isn't sure about keeping this dog and stuff like that.

About 1:15 The Guy wants to make Josh a smoothie and take it to him. He makes a chocolate chip smoothie with banana, muscle milk powder, and milk. It is quite good, almost like a dessert. The Guy talks about how it is like a liquid dessert that he can't drink. The Guy hit 208 pounds this week, which he is excited about, but it is because he hasn't really eaten. He has eaten egg sandwiches in the morning, but that it is it. He is really taking the Josh thing hard. He cried to me on the phone 4-5 times in the past week. I just listen and give advice/be sympathetic. I realize that The Guy is a great guy and friend, but I really don't have feelings for him like I did, so it is easier for me to give advice and be preachy like that, which is what he needs to hear. I give him the perspective like I was like Josh, but still be there, yet I tell him when it is overboard. He goes to the gym at 1:30 to work out, 30 minutes early. While he is gone I fiddle around on the computer and find stuff I need to buy in iTunes. By the way, has anyone heard this new Killers duet with Elton John? Here's the link to the song description and the song:

Joseph, You are Better Than Me


The Guy gets home from working out at 4:00p.m. just as I finish up doing sit ups. I spent the time playing with the dogs and doing sit ups because they actually really help my back. My lower back has been hurting the past couple days and I know it is because I haven't made it to the gym where I would be doing sit ups. I also clean up the kitchen because he managed to get chocolate over everything. We chat for about 40 minutes before he takes off for his hair appointment. He tells me that when he took the smoothie over to Josh (because Josh said he was starved) that Josh wasn't in sight, so he swims, takes his phone to the pool, then gets a text 10 minutes after he got in the water and Josh was with a client, but The Guy didn't see that. He spent 10 minutes being hurt, upset, worried Josh was with someone else, that he didn't have feelings for The Guy anymore. Josh basically feels in a way like a victim because The Guy came on to him so heavily. Now that the feelings are gone between them- the cute texts and spending nights together The Guy is very hurt emotionally. He told Josh he just needs that reassurance- texts what he is doing and reminding The Guy they are still friends for the timebeing because he is becoming so worried and wondering where he is every instant. Josh understood. Jackie realized all the time Josh and The Guy were together- sharing water bottles, at each other's houses, spending the night, and became worried. Now she wants Josh back and Josh realizes every relationship- including this one now ended badly because he cheated. He is trying to make up for it and Jackie is going the extra mile. Who knows how long/if it will last. No sé. Drama!

He left about 4:45 to go to his hair appointment. He had black hair and he was talking about highlights, but that is next time he discovered.

Jeff arrives to pick the dog up about 5:30 and The Guy asked me if it was ok if we invited Jeff to dinner. I would have preferred 1-on-1 just because I wanted to converse more and I knew that wouldn't happen with Jeff, but it was fun. Jeff is literally broke... again. We went to the quick place with the good salmon. Jeff talks about 2 guys he is seeing; The Guy talks about things he has done for Josh, which we all know about and joke about it; we all joke back and forth about random things. I found out the story behind The Guy's dog's myspace. Yes. It was set up because Jeff dated a guy with the same name and to make the guy Jeff dated jealous sat up a myspace with a hot "dog" who was really into him. We joke running to and from the car because it is 41 degrees out and pouring rain. I park diagonally across from the restaurant because there is little parking and I was going to park in the parking lot, but The Guy said people get raped there (a lie), but that I shouldn't risk that. We joked that Cruella Deville (or Jeff) was going to get his fur coat wet. I drove because Jeff was blocking The Guy's car. Thankfully I didn't leave it on the country station or I'm sure Jeff would have said something. It was on 98.7- rock. At dinner we talk about the hot guys at the table across from us and were talking intentionally loud about guys like Josh and who Jeff is seeing because The Guy and Jeff were trying to get their attention. On the way home they play Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold" on 99.1 KGGI and The Guy and I sing, then Jeff talks about how cute the song is.

Jeff claims his mutt from The Guy's dog's kennel, The Guy's dog was in the bedroom. The Guy and I sit on the couch watching "A Christmas Carol" with Patrick Swayze. We make random small talk about Josh and relationships. The Guy then talks about how the quality of guys on craigslist/adam4adam has really deteriorated and he shows me how bad some of the guys are. OMG. YES. BAD. BAD. BAD. I didn't have too much to bitch and moan about because things are going pretty well for me right now as far as relationships go. We talk a little more about school and then I take off about 8:30. The Guy just has to write the conclusion on his paper and I congratulated him telling him I know it was a real struggle, because it was and sympathized with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Jeff hot? So did the hot guys take the hint at the restaurant? Poor you, Josh, Josh, Josh, Josh and Josh are the topics! But your being a good friend listening to this ad nauseam. I guess that what happens when you try to turn a straight guy who is now bi curious, maybe.