Monday, December 1, 2008

A Monday

It has been a pretty ok day so far. Just thought I'd post about it and post some pics...

I had to work at the high school I tutor at this morning. I walk on campus from the parking lot and the principal is standing out and says good morning to me and asked if I'm ready to work. I said I was. He laughed and said he thought I was ready to go to the gym. He reminded me of the standard at work. Teachers can only wear jeans on Friday. He went on his usual diatribe about how we are from Rich New Money Community and need to set an example for everyone. Our school is showing off how classy we are in comparison to the other schools in the district. I said I agreed and that it was my fault. Then he said he was going to write me up. It doesn't bother me. Writing me up does almost nothing. This is probably the 2nd time in the 4 years I've worked there that I got a comment on my casual dress. Last time was more casual than this... haha. I texted my boss who was at a conference out in the desert because I knew she'd get a huge kick out of that and she texted back asking "He did? No worries. You're my male fashionista, you are always wearing new and trendy thingys, you never dress down. You deserve one day to do that."


Worn this shirt to work there many times before; only difference is I usually wear black jeans and my Vans, which probably would have been more acceptable.
I'm not worried or hung up over this whole fashion faux-pas. It just amused me more than anything.

These 2 amused me when I was walking to class- he was pushing her on the scooter.



My dad was making dinner tonight and his forgetfulness is really bothering us because we aren't sure if this is a result of some of his recent problems. He was making dinner tonight, which he hasn't done in a couple weeks. The phone rang, he went to answer it, and forgot about the hashed browns he was making, thus burning them. It just hurts to see my dad like this. Some moments he is great and you'll never know anything is going on, then he relapses.

I talked to a friend about plans for this weekend, which is awesome and it is giving me something to look forward to.

And, and to get in the holiday spirit I've been listening to Mariah Carey's holiday album all evening. It seems like nowadays EVERYONE has a Christmas album out. Everyone- including My Chemical Romance, yet Mariah's just sounds good and pretty traditional.

1 comment:

Aek said...

I work in a lab. Our dress code is to wear long pants and shoes, and lab coats depending on what we're working with and how badly we don't want blood/chemical stains on our shirts. And then the latex gloves. Basically, don't expose your skin to what you're working with and you're okay.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Might it just be his age? Maybe he should take a vacation or a nice long rest, get away and gather himself. I think we all get a bit scatter-brained at times.