Monday, December 15, 2008

About to head off to the party

About to head off to the Christmas Party for work that my boss at the high school is throwing. It is a potluck, but she bought gifts for everyone and we're having a Secret Santa gift exchange. The weather is nice and rainy, and 48 degrees out. I wore what I thought was an appropriate, festive red sweater. Gonzo told me she was not feeling it. She said I needed to wear one of my sleek new shirts from Express. Dang. So after work I rushed home and put it on. You can see the pics. Now I'm blogging and waiting for my spaghetti to be done to take to the party.

So was she right... red sweater or red shirt?




Oh... and the food should be delicious. Mr. P is making carnitas. Viv is bringing posolé, Vicki is bringing vietnamese jello, Mrs. B is making pizza, Mrs. V is bringing chicken, Karl is making some filippino dessert, we're having egg rolls, rice, and beans. I can't wait. I'm starved.

8 comments:

ToddC said...

Definitely red shirt. The sweater is okay, but the shirt shows off your body. :-)

Aek said...

The red shirt all the way. Sounds yummy and fun! Enjoy yourself. :D

Anonymous said...

red shirt for sure! the sweater has no definition, and is way too long/frumpy. i wouldn't recommend it.

Crap Newsman said...

Red shirt it is. The sweater makes you look old and sickly.

Anonymous said...

I liked the sweater idea. However, after seeing the pics...I vote for the red shirt as well.
You look damn good in that shirt!

Anonymous said...

i don't know how against american eagle you are, but they have really great fitting sweaters for guys. i'm skinny like you, and they're made so that they aren't baggy at all. also, right now, everything is on sale buy one, get one half off. it'd be worth considering...

dan said...

always NO on the sweater, save it for when you are going somehwere cold and need to stay warm and don't care AT ALL what you look like. guys like us should not wear, number one baggy sweaters, and number 2 vertical lines, that sweater is too baggy and has too many vertical lines. go get rid of it now, give it to your dad, or save it at the bottom of the drawer for days when you are bundling up for something outdoors like fixing the car or watching a game or hiking in the woods etc...shirt always the shirt. looks great, the sweater not so much, and never will. hey I'm just saying bro bro. ;)
later

dan said...

ps , i do like the color of the sweater and the neck line, guys with long necks like us always need to go for crew necks vs v necks etc. and thick collars even turtlenecks can work when appropriate...etc etc blah blah you're hearing me right? laterz