Friday, December 19, 2008

Well guys, I think my sister deserved the icy windshield

I laughed at your comments about me getting back at my sister by putting cold water on her windshield and letting it ice up.

Get this:
3:40a.m. this morning my phone vibrates. I get up to check it and see it is Jenn who texted me. She forwarded me a text that Mike sent (the one my sister texted) whom she told she was glad he lost his job. He said "im having a x-mas party fri night. don't tell mike. mike is a liar. mike is not a friend. just dont let him know." I waited until 5:30 to text Jenn and thank her. She wanted to show me, but also ask what was going on. I just told her "thanks, Mike and I are having an argument... no biggie." But from 3:40 on this morning my stomach was in such a knot. I felt humiliated that Mike would act so juvenilely, texting all of our friends. I am sure Randy, Mike, Alex, my ex'es, and 4-5 other friends have heard/received that text at least. He would have been a much bigger man to say just not invite me, or say "look man, I'm still upset and am not inviting you." I really feel like and am sure I have lost most of my good high school friends that I associate(d) with quite a bit prior to this. I lay crying until it was time to wake up.

I was going to go to the high school, but I knew I couldn't show my face to Gonzo or Darla. I would have broke down. I had a sub job to sub for band today. I had an easy day freezing my ass off while the kids spray painted their flutes they made earlier in the week. The cold and necessity to monitor the kids constantly kept my mind off of the whole thing. At lunch my mom and Linda asked me what was going on. I said there wasn't a problem and I was having a good day because the students have been pretty well behaved given that it was the last day before break.

On the way home I told my mom what happened and she was upset and defended me; despite the fact it would do no good. We have to hide it from my dad for the time-being.

I go to LA Fitness tonight to workout and use some of my anger at the gym beating myself up. I am about a mile away and I realize Gonzo is working. I was about to turn around and go back home where my sister is, but decide to go. Gonzo has never seen me cry. I decide to put on my best face and walk in. I try to smile and she waves and smiles. She says hello and the words don't come out. I whisper "hello." She quickly adjusts her expression and asks what is going on. I said "nothing" and went to work out. Her texts come and she asks what's going on. I hint around the bush that it was my sister's texts coming back to get me again. We chat some more and the The Guy calls. I debated taking his call. I have had a lump in my throat the other day and when he called I still did. He left me a voicemail just saying to defend myself and tell Mike that we were both victims and it has hurt both of us, but I hope he can forgive. I would have been ok if he had just not invited me because I understand he is hurt, but to go out of his way and involve other people, plus talk badly about me, two wrongs don't make a right etc. etc. Hung around for about an hour or so working out/texting Gonzo. Then as I leave I was able to muster up a "goodbye" and tell her how embarrassed I was about her seeing me like this.

Tonight I'm just still feeling really hurt, but I talked with a couple friends online who do not know Mike, so I'm doing ok. A part of me just feels hurt. Hurt about the childish games. Hurt about the way Mike is handling this. Hurt that Mike, Mike, and Steve probably aren't the great friends they seemed to be. Hurt about the way the other people are treating this and not contacting me to see what is going on. Lost in that I've completely lost most of my high school friends, and maybe it is time to sever these contacts, but these are the people I associate with here in my city.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Your sister is unbelievable sometimes, and I mean that literally.

I'm sorry that you had such a rough day. :( You'd think that your friends would know you better than that, better than that text your sister sent.

People are funny creatures. *hugs* I hope things get better for you. Enjoy the holidays!! :)

Crap Newsman said...

I thought your sister sent a letter to everyone? Why not talk to him? Explain everything? It's worth a try. You've got nothing to lose now, anyway.