Monday, December 15, 2008

The party rundown

I get to the party at 3:40. I was one of the last to arrive. Mr. B, Mrs. M, Mr. P, and Mrs. F hadn't arrived yet. We sit around talking in Mrs. C's mom's kitchen. The party was held at her mom's house. I sit in the background because everyone was already around the table. I make smalltalk with Mrs. F about Spanish teachers we had in common in college. We eat about 4:30 after Mr. B arrived. I stand and eat and talk to Darla, her cousin who also works with us, and Mrs. F/Mrs. B. We talk about school mainly and people we know. Mrs. B talks about myspace and catching 9th graders from the school with beer pong photos and them drinking on myspace. We make random smalltalk until about 6p.m. Mr. P, his wife, and kids arrive. Mr. P is such a sweet and hot guy, yet his wife is the biggest stuck up bitch ever- and I've met her several times. She only talked to Mr. B. She left after about 40 minutes to take her daughter to practice. My spaghetti went over well. Mr. P's carintas were delicious y él no es mexicano. The posolé was pretty good. Mrs. B made the most delicious meatballs.

We go in and open up the presents. My Secret Santa was Mrs. B, the counselor. She seemed to like the hot chocolate and fudge mix I got her. I wrapped it up all cute in a stocking. There were some cute gifts- Mrs. C bought Vicki a jacket, there were a couple gift cards like Mrs. F got me a gift card to Best Buy. It was just a lot of fun though and overall most everyone put a lot of thought into the gifts.

Afterward the real fun began. We learned how Mrs. B, Mrs. Perfect Soccer Mom, Activities Coordinator at school has a wild side that she talked about. Mr. B talks about kids from Darla and my graduating class who he is in contact with. He keeps in contact with everyone. He said that he told us back when we were juniors that when we turned 21 to contact him, that we have to promise to take him out for a beer as a thank you, and we'll discuss the real world, education, and have a heart to heart about life. I remember that. It was something he said like the last day of school like "you guys will thank me when we're 21 and my door is open anytime you want to come and invite me out for a beer." Darla and I joked. She wants to do more than that. Too bad she doesn't turn 21 until May, but she is insistent that Mr. B, her and I go to Yardhouse treating him to a beer and having a heart to heart convo. I HAVE HAVE HAVE TO DO THAT AFTER TONIGHT. Mr. B was so loose after the home brew he brought to drink. He was joking around. He told Darla's cousin that she was "goofy," then he told another one of us to call him by his first name only, and he told me that I need to hug him more. He also suggested we have a get together when everyone is 21 and we'll do a home brew tasting and wine tasting. Mr. B unfortunately had to leave at 6:40 to take care of his dog who has cancer on her tongue and he has to spoon feed her. Mr. P just kind of sat around laughing during our Darla, her cousin, and my conversation with Mr. B. I got to talk to him about my future plans and things like that. Would have liked to talk to him more, but about 7p.m. the party was winding down and he wanted to get his youngest daughter home.

The party continued at 7:15 at Mrs. C's house for those 21 and over. Her house is a lot smaller than her mom's. This was where the alcohol started flowing. It was Darla's cousin's 21st birthday, so Mrs. C declared that we all have a glass of tequila to sip- not chug. That worked. It was good tequila- as good as tequila gets I guess- I'm not a fan. Mrs. C pours everyone a glass and we sip, then eat limes. We talk about how little we all drink. Mrs. A, Mrs. M, and a few others surprised me that they even sipped. Mrs. F had a hard time and she ended up not drinking more than a sip. Gonzo doesn't drink and she had a sip, then started sweating, turning red, and stuff like that. She voluntarily tried. She drank lots of water afterward. I didn't really talk to her except when she sat on my lap when there wasn't anywhere else. We talked about lots of random stuff- my ability to speak Spanish for one. I was told I had to say something because I was loose enough after tequila (I really wasn't feeling buzzed at all or looser). I was questioned about what I was doing, things like that. Mrs. F is a Spanish teacher and she was impressed. Mrs. A speaks Spanish as well as Mrs. M and they all were impressed that I know proper Spanish. Then we discussed Spanish songs like Shakira's and how she can't write in Spanish or English- her translations are so bad. Mrs. C had rock en Espanol playing in the background like Maná. We talked about a couple teachers at school who just really get to us. Mrs. R came up, she was a cheerleader and doesn't seem to like anyone unless you're a cheerleader. We talked about iPhones, our favorite apps, and Mac products like Airport Express adapters. We talked about kids who graduated from the program we tutored for and how they were doing.

The party wrapped up at 9:30, but it was definitely worth it. I had no clue it would be an entire evening... maybe to 6 or 7 though the invite said until 5p.m. HAHA

I know my coworkers a lot better now... as if I didn't know them well in the first place. I didn't know the newer people and got to know them better. That was cool. We are all so close. Well, I'm rarely there, so I'm out of the loop, but I had no problem fitting in, and we all get along so well and care about each other so much. There was lap sitting, hugging, and stuff like that while we were bonding. Darla's cousin=total flirt, Viv is another total flirt.

And as for the drink with Mr. B, I plan on taking him up on it. Maybe proposing it before Darla does so I can do it alone with him. Who knows... maybe? I want to- it would be fun. Then I actually marked it on my iPhone that I need to remind Darla in May that Mr. B is due for his drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I kind of hate holiday office party things. But yours sounded like a good time. I went to one Saturday night, it was kind of awkward.

dan said...

come on tell us how you really feel about mrs. P. ha ha
man that is weird some man saying you should hub me more, whatever you californians!! ha ha.
later