Monday, December 22, 2008

Shopping with Gonzo again

Gonzo and I went to Victoria Gardens today. It was so nice. It was cool because of the heavy mist. We were nice and bundled up. It was a lot of fun. We met up at the gym at 10a.m., then drove over.

"Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran


On the way over she was telling me who she thought was hot in high school because the topic of friends came up. At first I was like "so do I say the guys who were hot?" Well, I gave her a mix. I told her the hot girls- Elizabeth, Becki, and a few others. She didn't think they were hot and didn't know a couple of the girls I mentioned. Then I mentioned the guys like Ryan L, Kyle, and Ray. The 3 of them were football players and all 3 of them are gay. The 3 of them didn't come out in high school- at least not to my knowledge (if so, it was on the downlow), but their myspaces all confirm it now. They were super hot and I told her. Ryan shocked Gonzo and she said "no, he's such an ass, no he's not, not, no you're kidding, WOW," and I kept saying NOOOo it is true and asking me if I was serious. Ryan? Ryan? Ryan? Ryan? MIKE, RYAN? Yes Gonzo, Ryan. Um... he never dated in high school. Folks, I have checked myspace and facebook. I had a friend search facebook for me who goes to his school. Kyle made Gonzo laugh saying how he is the biggest sweetheart and he didn't seem gay. I forwarded her the link to his myspace to check it out and a couple of photos of his boyfriend on myspace just to confirm it to her. Then Ray came up and she remembered Ray (mentioned as football player in this post) because I told her that he was the night I came out to her. Natalie, the big overly-friendly lesbian came up. Natalie always used to touch everyone and Gonzo reached over and touched me on the chest like she said Natalie did to her one day at lunch senior year; this was weird in that it was the first time Gonzo has ever touched me- she's not really the affectionate/touchy type like that, so for Gonzo to do that struck me as weird. We counted how many confirmed gay guys there are from our graduating class of 580 that we know of and came up with about 10- about 2% of our graduating class. She told me how she loves her gay friends to death, like myself. We talked about how we were both losers in high school for not dating or anything like that.

We talked about a new tutor at work who gave me the impression he was gay by the way he was acting the other day. Gonzo didn't believe me, but I told her to watch him and she said she will. She told me a new tutor Mari says that she wants to get to know me better. Gonzo was supposed to keep this a secret, but Gonzo couldn't. Gonzo and Mari were talking the other day and Mari told Gonzo that I come across as the biggest sweetheart and she LIKES me like that. Gonzo didn't let her in on a little secret.

Gonzo and I mainly window shopped. She bought a shirt in Forever 21 and in there I started feeling guilty about not buying my sister a Christmas gift. They have lots of cute clothes (that she'd never wear), but even though she has treated me so bad I feel sorry about not. I talked to Gonzo about that and she sided with me that buying a gift for her is not obligatory, she has done nothing to earn it, and gifts are bought out of love. I haven't told my parents or anything yet- I'm just going to hope nobody notices when we're unwrapping gifts. I don't think it'll be a big deal. This did bring on some anxiety though, and worry. I'm sticking to my guns on this one though. My sister harassing and trying to make me feel guilty about going shopping (even though I didn't buy anything) reinforced my thoughts on this one.

Gonzo and I sang lots of 80s on the way there and back. I joked that she's the only Mexican I know who is so into the 80s. We sang some Duran Duran, Flock of Seagulls, and more. She is going to add 1043 MYFM to her radio presets because we need more radio stations in common. Christmas Carols were playing throughout Victoria Gardens in the stores, outside, and as well in my car. Gonzo was singing to them and I was too. She sang "Holly Jolly Christmas," "Silent Night," and "Feliz Navidad." She doesn't know all the words to "Silent Night" and so she sang "Silent Night, holy night, all is calm, all is gone, round the dum dum dum dum dun dun."



***

No comments: