Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Snippets from my sister

While she is getting her hair trimmed, and I'm talking to the lady who cuts our hair:
Lady: Where are you going to school again Mike?
Sis: He's going to X University.
Lady: Where's that at again?
Sis: It's in Orange County.
* In my head I'm thinking thanks for talking for me. Rude much? She always does that.

Still talking to the hairdresser:
Lady: What are some of the classes you have to take for a teaching credential, Mike?
Me: Lots of things like a class on teaching students with
Sis: Do you know how easy his classes are compared to mine? Speech communication classes are among the hardest classes you will ever take because you are graded not only on the speech you write, but delivery. I have this one professor who...............
Me: That must explain why you've failed so many classes so far.
* That was perfect- I got the last word in. My sister has failed 2 or 3 of those classes so far.

While at dinner with my dad, sis, mom, my mom's friend Mel and Linda:
Mel is talking about how she is applying for an administrative position at work where she will be in charge of discipline because she is tired of the laxed discipline policy, and wants to change that.
Sis: Your problem is you work with kids. You think kids are going to listen to you when they're 12 and 13?
Mel has an annoyed look on her face.
Linda: Well, everyone has a calling in life, and Mel feels she can help out strongly.
Sis: Please, kids aren't worth it, and you're just wasting your time.
Linda: Mel is very good at any task she sets out to do.
Sis: College kids are the only kids worth helping. College is the only thing worth teaching. At least there it is kids who want to be there.
Linda: Maybe I should be teaching at college.
Mom: Yes, you should, absolutely.
* Thanks for insulting Mel, sis.

With Linda, my dad, mom, and sister at my house discussing what we did recently:
Me: I wasn't home that night, I think I was at the Tim McGraw concert.
Linda: How fun, how is he in person?
Sis: Why do you care? Country music sucks. Its all about sad stuff. He's nasally.

When talking about sushi:
Me: I like the spicy tuna, salmon, and usually the Mexican type roll thrown in.
Mom: You really eat that stuff?
Me: Yes, why not?
Sis: Noooooooooooooooooooooo, fish are friends.

2 comments:

Phunk Factor said...

Dude...sisters ARE meant to be nosey!! I hate it when my lil sis interrupts my conversations...but now I've gotten more or less used to it...and yeah, she's has a tendency to be rude as well at times!!

But that's how sisters are....and what's not broken, why bother fixing it?

I'm pretty sure ur friend Mel's goals won't be changed by one girl's opinions!

Anonymous said...

What the hell is wrong with your sister?