Monday, July 5, 2010

Color choices

I've blogged many times in the past about wanting to finish my room. I do know that this wallpaper has to go. It has to go NOW. I painted the room this beige that I like quite a bit about 2 years ago. I never really finished my room, and I would like to soon to accessorize. I am looking for a color for an accent wall where the wallpaper currently is.







I found the coolest iPhone app from Sherwin Williams that snaps a picture of their paint and will tell you what colors accent what the color you chose. Of course the paint looks different at different places in the room because of how the lighting is/how the light shines in, so I took photos from multiple parts in the room.

Here's colors I found that I like... any opinions?

Keep in mind I have new black furniture, and that isn't changing soon.


Accessories I plan to buy: duvet comforter for my down comforter, candlestick holders, candles, other odds and ends I find at Target,etc.

Personally I like the fireweed color, and could accessorize with oranges and browns. It would be a safe bet with my black furniture.

I think the lobelia and upward blue, but am hesitant with black furniture. The upward might work better for the black furniture.

Swanky gray is swanky, but I'm not sure what I'd accessorize with with those colors.

I like the peweter too, but I'd have to do some bright accessories I think.

Any thoughts, guys?

2 comments:

Aek said...

I like the "Aquaish" set or the "Red" set.

The blues contrast with the black, and gives off a cooler feeling. The reds kind of makes everything a bit cozier, I think.

Upward is safer than Lobelia, and Fireweed is pretty intense as a solid color throughout your room. The Baguette color is pretty nice. For a single color, I vote Upward. :-P

Bruce said...

I like th Aquaish colors as well. If you watch HGTV at all, the hotest colors currently are shades of grey, apparently it's the new neutral color of choice. I've seen it used in a lot of home furnishing stores as well with primary color accents. I recently painted a kitchen/family room combo a color between Lobelia and Upward. It's a little more blue than I wanted but it seems to work with black accessories.