Thursday, July 1, 2010

Playing hookie!

I got a couple simultaneous texts from The Guy this morning. He asked what was up, then said let's hang out, he was playing hookie. I texted him back saying I'd join in. It was about 9:45 at the time, I threw on some clothes, and was on my way. I was there within 45 minutes.

I get to his place and give his dogs some love. He is on the phone with the company behind Warcraft trying to deal with some issue. He logs into Warcraft and stuff. He asks me what's going on. I tell him I've been busy with landscaping projects. I laid sod the other day, trimmed and pruned geraniums that we are wanting to get rid of. He told me he was just hanging out with Robert, his new boy, and all is well. He told me things we could do today- Best Buy, doggie day care, AT&T store. I said yes, yeah, sure, and shook my head to give my approval. We get the dogs ready, and head out.

In the car we discuss the Elena Kegan Supreme Court Nomination. He tells me how he watched the hearings the 2nd day, but didn't get to watch yesterday. I said I had just seen bits and pieces shown on TV, like her sense of humor, which was cool because she seems much more down to earth than others on the court. We talked about some bad SC rulings as of recent like the Bush v. Gore, and how they seem disconnected from the general population as of recent. We take the freeway over to the dog place, which seemed to take longer in my opinion. Drop the dogs off.

We return home for a few moments as The Guy forgot his wallet. We head back out to the AT&T store, which was in Mexican town, according to The Guy- it was just down the street from him. I am on my phone trying to google where it is. I have to say the service was sooooooooooooooooo much better than any other AT&T store I've ever been to. Personally when I shop I tend to go to the more Hispanic areas- I find the employees are much friendlier. The girl who helped us was young, cute for a girl, helpful, and very flirty. We were flirting with her. The Guy got his iPhone for Robert, which he is not paying for, his boyfriend is on a month-to-month prepay phone, and wants to pay. The Guy got his parents iPhones straightened out, and bought one of the 3G coverage extender you plug into your router for work.

We both sang along to "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks. He loooooves the song, and I like the song a lot too mainly because my cousin has a special connection to the video.


In the car again and off to Best Buy where we find another friendly gal who helps us find 5 cases for the new phones, 5 car chargers, and then we check out the washer and dryers. The Guy has the front loading LG washers that look cool, but really aren't. He has to wash his clothes 4-5 times to get the mold smell out of them, he has mold growing in the washer, he wipes it dry after each wash. The salesman was most unhappy there unwilling to budge in price, although The Guy would buy the washer, dryer, extended service plan, and the drawers the appliances sit on. He was going to try out Samsung's front loading instead of LG. After 20 minutes of arguing and questioning we get the cases and car chargers, then take off.

We go through the drive through at Carls for bottled waters because "we're like on a diet, and we need our Pepcid AC."

We hear this catchy song, which we sing the "hurry, hurry" part.
Happiness- Alexis Jordan


We decide to go out to Victoria Gardens for the Apple Store. We get an iPad with 3G for The Guy for work, and get his phone looked at since the proximity sensor didn't seem to be working. Of course it wasn't failing when the manager was looking at it. We made a couple test calls to each other. The Guy is also having issues where he can't send picture texts, the phone just says "saving photo." I bragged my phone is just perfect, because for once it is. I have had 1 dropped call in 1 week, and I don't believe the dropped call that I had was my fault. This is from someone that had 50%+ dropped calls. The Guy has an appointment Tuesday for his phone. The manager was actually somewhat helpful for a change. That lady is hard to deal with. We talked about how nice she was, and how sometimes people are just really having a bad day. This related to a story we were talking about earlier when The Guy cornered a trainer at his gym about an insensitive comment about fat people, and all fat people have bad lives and things like that, or something.

We are starved by this time, so head back to The Guy's place. It was 3, and we had been out since a little after 11. Time flies when you're having fun. We do make a quick jaunt to Home Depot where they only have the LG washers and dryers- no Samsungs. The Guy gets the out the door price, and he would save over Home Depot. At Home Depot the employees did tell The Guy of course there will be mold and water issues with front loading because there is no agitator. The Guy is basically sold on the cool design.

We get back to The Guy's place and cart all the boxes in that had arrived- clothes from The GAP, Amazon, and a bunch of other stuff. We put that stuff away somewhat, but never get a bite to eat. The Guy had to jump in the shower and take off to his training appointment.

No comments: