Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life update

I haven't submitted the video write up for my teaching credential. I was so stressed and had so many projects on me this week I couldn't get it done. A lot of worry and anxiety about my video- not that it was a bad video- it was excellent- the issue lies in that I didn't have a product from the kids other than notes. I am not sure it is a huge issue, but I'm still finishing the write up portion. It is LONG. I'm only 22 pages in and it proves to be 40+ pages. I still feel the pressure as it is not done, and I hate loose ends. I am wanting to have it done by next Wednesday- that is my goal.

I have had so much grading. I gave a crazy quiz last week with 35 short answer questions I have had to grade for 2 classes.

I had to grade 70 persuasive essays this week.

I am in my last week of student teaching. Tomorrow is the last day. Sad to leave. I'll miss some of the kids a lot.

I had a great day. My first 2 periods went well, my 3rd period was rowdy as usual. I left work at 1:30. I only got to leave early because I took the grading home with me. I went home and graded. I graded quizzes for 40 minutes. I then took off to the informal Christmas get together my mom and Linda decided to put on for the teachers that they both used to work with. There were about 12 of us. It was so wonderful! There were so many faces there I didn't expect- the ones from my mom's birthday party, which I did, but a few others including Mrs. V, Elaine, and Mrs. H. Everyone was so excited to see me, which I found funny. I told them about my student teaching at the high school. They want me back. There is a teacher who has been out all year due to a physical issue. The teachers were all saying they are going to talk to the school mom to get me in. Linda was adamant about that, as was Mr. H. The mom of the school as we call her, our office manager, has a long term sub job coming up for me. I suspicioned she did and emailed her earlier this week. It is 8th grade science and history. She has had other regular subs- husbands and wives of teachers on campus fill in for this teacher. The office manager likes to keep it within the family and she takes care of all of us, and so she's offering the job to me. I love her! I am conflicted about taking the position. I wonder if the 8th graders are out of control. I wonder how good they are. I wonder what we're studying. I'll do it- it is part of my foot in the door. It is what I want. It's also so cool that although many of the teachers are at different schools or have even retired it is such a family and no time had passed- everyone merely picks up where they left off.

I had to leave early and missed hearing all of the stories/conversation. I had school. Tonight was the final night. It was kind of sad since it is the final night and is always kind of sad. It was fun in that I presented my final project, which I was done with over a week ago, and it went very well. I actually somewhat enjoyed this class- I was hardly ever in it. I am having this professor again next quarter, so that's cool. I want a letter of rec from her.

So now I'm home and have a busy weekend...

Keith wants to hang out...
Darla's cousin has a birthday- I'm good friends with her- and she is having a birthday dinner
I have a date... probably

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Take the job, any additional experience just adds to your resume. And all those questions about the 8th graders can only be answered one way: Try it to find out. Some where down the line you are going to have to deal with rowdy kids, better to learn from experience. So when do you start? Will it impact your masters work much? You said most of those classes are at night. Oh boy, another 6 months of busy time ahead.

Phunk Factor said...

What happened to that guy Ry or Rx u were dating? :o

Aek said...

Wow, busy busy. o_O Take a breath, you can do it!! And soon you'll be done with it all. :-)