Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A wrap up and bringing you up to date

Christmas was awesome!
It actually felt like Christmas this year! I think it was the cooler temperatures and rain that helped. Christmas Eve we opened up gifts. I picked some great gifts for people. I also received from great gifts. I had that whole giddiness that a little child has when it comes to Christmas. It was truly exciting!

Went over to my cousin's house for Christmas. No major drama between the people who did and didn't do Secret Santa- a few people like my Aunt S, did say there are some people who aren't playing by the rules, but then everyone was ok. The food was sooooo good. We had ham, prime rib, ambrosia, fudge, my dad's cheesecake, mashed potatoes, shells and cheese, rolls, 4-5 salads, 7 layer bean dip, onion dip, lots of assorted veggies, boysenberry pie, harvest pie, and much more! Lots of great conversation- everyone was excited for me finishing my credential.

I'm seeing someone
I met him recently on adam4adam. We had been chatting since probably September, and finally met about 2 weeks before I went to Orlando. He is 34, 6', brown hair, and is from NJ, but has lived out here about 4 years. We are both on the introverted side, both very caring and concerned. We both like oldies, pop, rock, and yes, even country. His name is also Mike.

First meet in November: We hung out at his place where we chatted and watched Oprah, How I Met Your Mother, and Jeopardy or something to that affect.

2nd meet sometime after I got back from Florida: We hung out at his place watching TV. We talked for a while and cuddled on the couch. I had to leave about 10:30 because I was tired and it was a school night.

One Date: We went to Chilis for dinner, talked about school, work, and things like that. Then we headed to his place and watched Food Network's Top Chef.

Another Date: We went to an Italian eatery over near his house that was very good. Everything was homemade. After we went to the movies and saw "Burlesque." We had time to kill beforehand, so we grabbed drinks at a bar next to the movie theater and talked about Christmas. We drove back to his place in the pouring rain and fog, singing Christmas carols. I spent the night and we just cuddled most of the night. In the morning we took turns showering, then he made eggs, hash browns, and bread for breakfast. We watched "My Best Friend's Wedding" before I headed home.

Mike has been texting me all week. He is in NJ snowed in. He was supposed to fly back Monday, but the flight was canceled. He was staying with his parents for a week in NJ. We played around on cam together the other night. He asked if I had New Years plans. I said I didn't. He asked if I wanted to go to a party with him. I said sure. He then texted back it was in Santa Barbara and at his cousin's house. Oh. Ok. Um. Ok. I said yes. So I guess that's what I'm doing New Years Eve. We are leaving Friday night and coming back Sunday morning. Hmmmm

5 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Another "Mike" in your life, now that his secret identity has been revealed. it's just funny that you know so many Mikes. Anyway, sounds promising so far.

Anonymous said...

That's great. Sounds like you guys really hit it off. And you don't have to worry about screaming someone else's name out during sex.

Hope you have a great time New Years Eve..

-nl

Joey said...

Mike & Mike...Love it!

Aek said...

:-) Glad to hear everything's going well!!

Anonymous said...

SB? Blogger meet up! Although I'll most likely be in San Diego for New Year's. :( Do you come here often? Let me know sometime.

Mike and Mike sounds so cute! Nice to hear A4A success stories, gives me hope. :)