Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I knew 1043 MYFM was badly programmed

MYFM is the adult contemporary/hits station in Los Angeles, California. They used to play 80s, 90s, and today. They had features such as Disco Saturday Night and your Noontime Disco Workout. They have since reworked the playlist and are the 90s through now station. Still, you will catch some 80s on there, some 90s, but not a lot of variety.


There are message board posts online, there are comparable MYFM stations that Clear Channel, the company that owns MYFM has, that have a better selection:

Take a look at what I listened to this week thanks to IHEART RADIO on my iPhone.

KG95 in Sioux City, Iowa

Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Hidden Away - Josh Groban
Animal - Neon Trees
Jar of Hearts- Christina Perri
Perfect - Pink
September - Daughtry
What Do You Got - Bon Jovi
Which songs I haven't heard on MYFM - the Josh Groban and BonJovi song


MY 925 in Sacramento, Ca
* This is a station MYFM DJ Valentine voice tracks
Adele - Rolling in the Deep
Perfect - Pink
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Paris (Oh La La)
Maroon 5- Never Going to Leave This Bed
Andy Grammer- Keep Your Head Up
Bruno Mars- Just the Way You Are
The Script- Breakeven
Which songs I haven't heard on MYFM - Grace Potter's, Maroon 5's song, and Andy Grammer


LITE 1067 in NYC
1. Billy Joel - She's Always A Woman
2. Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around
3. Blondie - Heart Of Glass
4. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
5. Sting - Fields Of Gold

6. Alanis Morissette - Ironic
7. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
8. Bruno Mars - Grenade
9. Kelly Clarkson - Miss Independent
10. Lifehouse - Halfway Gone
What I don't hear on MYFM - Billy Joel, Blondie, Snow Patrol (they do occasionally play), Bonnie Raitt

98.7 THE RIVER- SAVANNAH GEORGIA
1. Paul Young - Oh Girl
2. Abba - Dancing Queen
3. Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
4. Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

5. Alanis Morissette - Ironic
6. Maroon 5 - This Love
7. Kool & The Gang - Celebration
8. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
9. K.c. & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way
10. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
What I don't hear- Paul Young, Tina Turner, Seals & Croft, that Maroon 5 song, Kool & The Gang, KC & The Sunshine Band, Celine Dion

And I'm not saying I like all the songs I heard/saw on their playlists, but I'm just saying that MYFM has such a limited one...

Oh... and I will give MYFM credit that they play The Cure, which you won't hear on most radio stations.

1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: I don't get MyFM so I can't really comment on your critique. You would think that with so many iPods out there and people building their own playlists that music radio would die off but it hasn't happened yet. I do however like the YT clip of Fields of Gold, one of my favorites.