Sunday, April 20, 2008

Doin' it our way! yes our way!

The Guy im'd me about 9:30 asking what I was up to and what I had planned for the day. He said I should be over there because he doesn't have all day, he does have all day to hang out with me though.

I got dressed and made my way over there. I put 16 gallons of gas in my car for $3.73 per gallon, which cost me just a hair over $60.00 to fill my car up. I paid $3.59 last week and it only took $56 to fill my car. $60 was just so depressing.

As I'm walking in he is making eggs and egg whites. My mom calls me wondering if there is something wrong- Linda called my mom to say I was nearly out of gas in my car. My mom called to see if something was wrong like I didn't have enough in my bank account to pay for gas, and after filling up for $60 I felt that way, but everything was fine. The Guy got a huge kick out of this that Linda would call my mom to tell her that and not tell me.

The Guy eats and we sit around listening to his iTunes in the living room. Then we go into the office and he cruises around online. Then he says we're going to the pet store to get his dog some treats.

In the car, The Guy is telling me about spending Friday night with his best friend Zac. Then he talked about altering his plans on Saturday for a friend who was visiting from San Diego and The Guy went out of his way to cater and do what he could. His friend flaked on him even after The Guy said he would drive him back to San Diego after they hung out. He concluded next time he is just going to say no because his friend is all about me, me, me.

Through all of this The Guy was not paying attention to where he was driving and we ended up at Target. WE HAVE NOT HAD A TARGET ADVENTURE IN FOREVER!!! He was then wondering why we came. He decided he needed new spatulas since his dog got to his. We go over and look at those and can openers. Everything "looks like ass" or is "really cheap." We then look at picture frames because The Guy's friend sent him some pics he wants to frame. Then The Guy picks up some diploma frames and wants to frame his. Then we make our way over to the pet treats. The Guy says he doesn't need any of this stuff he just put in the cart, then asks if he can bail the cart. I said yeah, nobody will know. He starts walking away and I thought he'd go back to it. Nope. We end up in the chips looking and I convince him to not get the 50% less fat Lays since he told me I couldn't let him get either he told me before we headed out. We then see some Dove chocolate that said "beautiful" and "vitalize." On the wrapper it touts that it has B or C vitamins. The Guy concluded it must be healthy, so we bought some of that. We also got the trail mix that Linda says is so good. As we walked out we felt like beauties as we indulged on the Dove chocolate. We were ready to take on the next set of stores!



We went to Petco and got those rubber balls that you can put food in to make the dog have to work to get his food. The Guy heard good things about how it stimulates and makes the dog think, so he wanted to get some stuff. We walked around for about 25 minutes getting treats and stuff to fill the balls with. The Guy also got a frisbee for the dog. Then at the register The Guy wanted a new ID tag for his dog and said I want this one. The clerk asked what color The Guy's dog was. She asked if his dog was white. He said no. She said good because the blue dog tag bleeds and would turn his dog blue. The Guy said no thanks and walking out said "translation, this product is really cheap and don't buy it."

Now where? The Farmers Market? Not quite- that was an idea, but we were right across from Best Buy, so that sounded like a good place to go. The Guy wanted a Bluetooth dongle, an Apple bluetooth mouse, and 4 sticks of 1GB memory for a 5 year old G4 he was trying to refurbish. It was his first Mac he bought. The Guy just got a new hard drive for it and wants to get a new video card so he can either sell it (he could still get about $800 he estimates for it) or to give to a friend. We run around and get that stuff. At the register The Guy totally flirts with the heavyset girl checking us out. Her name was Buffie. He says stuff like we have all that memory over there (that the man in the computer dept. took to the front), then he says "I could have used a cheesy line like 'it's a good thing I reMEMBERED IT." She laughed. He also flirted about using his rewards card with her and other things. As we're walking out he asks if he was flirting with a fat chick and I said yes.

While on our way to the next place, we talked about random things like a sign The Guy swears he saw for a vagina lift. I asked why you need that. Then he says that it is because a girl has had too much sex that her vagina has expanded so much that when a guy puts his dick in he's not getting anything from it, so he's like honey, gotta get a lift and make it tight again.

The Guy then starts singing the "Laverne & Shirley" theme song. I accidentally say "always" because I thought that the second time they say that in the song it was "always" and not "OUR WAY." While at a stop light, The Guy gets on his iPhone and gets the lyrics via the internet. He proves me wrong and we go down the road singing and we look at his iPhone for lyrics. He makes sure to emphasize the "DOIN' IT OUR WAY" parts.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!

Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.

Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.

There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.

On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you.




Then we arrived at the Farmer's Market. We go in looking for lunch. Do we come out with lunch? No. We go in and The Guy says I can't let him get brie or bread. We go over to the supplements and beauty section. The Guy is looking for some butter oil or something he wanted to try. He gets some chocolate pills he finds that are a dietary supplement. We go through the store singing Laverne and Shirley and we're going through the store, doin' it our way singing, talking, and looking at all the cool stuff. We get some of the clear seltzer drinks he suddenly likes. We get yogurt, eggs, and then we end up over in the cooking products. The Guy wants to try rice vinegar. They have about 10 different types of rice vinegar- toasted vinegar, genuine, etc. etc. The Guy finds a bunch of other things- wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, flaxseed oil, and a bunch of other random things. We end up with $250.00 in new random cooking products. Food? We did get turkey and pasta, but do you think we'd actually make that for lunch? No. The clerk at the store said The Guy always cracks her up because he has so much to say and stuff like that. The Guy said she should put him on the microphone when he comes in. This checker is funny. She has cat eye glasses.

We get back to The Guy's place and he wants to clean out his cabinets for all the new cooking products. He throws out all of his old dietary supplements and other diet stuff, all canned products he had, old marsala cooking wine, his Jack Daniels whiskey he uses for cooking and replaces it with the grapeseed oil. We make 3 trash runs. Then I get up to the top shelf because I'm tall enough and clean out his liquor selection. He wants me to hand him all the bottles- he keeps all of the margarita mix but thows out rum, bourbon, whiskey, and a bunch of other stuff. The only thing that remains is a bottle of Vodka and margarita mix.

The Guy puts all of the stuff we just bought at Best Buy into the 5 year old Mac and all of it works- including the Bluetooth and no installation required- now would that have happened on a Windows PC? I say no because you'd have to install the CD, then restart the computer, plug the Bluetooth in, then with the age, it likely wouldn't have worked. The Guy also put Leopard on this computer. It is a G4 with a core 2 duo 1.2GHZ processor, 2gigs of memory, 500gb hard drive, and now he's going to put a new graphics card in it. He discovered once we got home all the Bluetooth dongles he had sitting around.

The Guy defrosts some pot stickers and some Indian potatoes in a curry sauce. We stand in the kitchen eating pot stickers dipping them in a stir fry sauce. Yummy. Then when the potatoes are done, which he puts over rice are done we go to the living room and sit and eat them.

After that is over we again feel the need to beautify ourselves. We pull out some more of that Dove chocolate and detox while watching "Legally Blonde." We laugh and enjoy the movie. We both know the lines to this. We talk about the hot guys like Warner and we recite the lines like about doing the "bend and snap."

Afterward, we go back in and look at the Mac, talk a few more minutes about my complaint to the Apple Headquarters about the bad treatment at the Victoria Gardens Apple Store, and how they are busted. Then The Guy asks if we can cut this afternoon short because he has some homework and I say I do to- I have a Spanish test tomorrow. I have a 3 day Spanish test- the grammar portion is tomorrow, the oral portion is Wednesday, and Friday is the essay. I left about 5:30.

3 comments:

designrehash said...

what's this about linda?
i thought you were back home...
so confused, hey btw, no more dixie chicks posts. you're allowed zero of those a year btw... ha ha

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog. Lots of posts with THE GUY. The posts always make me hungry as you two eat pretty well! Glad your having all this quality time.

dit said...

WOW! What a day. You have an amazing memory. I love Macs too. So simple.

Great post. Very cute you two singing the song.