Sunday, April 13, 2008

Suction

The Guy texted me at 12:40 today just after I got home from the grocery store. He wanted to know how I was. A few more texts later and he was inviting me to come over to sandwich it up with him.

When I got over he was laying down and had a headache. He was tired and was in bed at 11:30 last night. He told me everything was in the kitchen and to go ahead and make a sandwich. I did. I ate and came back in and laid down with him. I told him about my day and helping Linda at Circuit City with a home theater system and a new TV. He asked what she got and I told her- a $500 home stereo system for the 13 inch TV in the kitchen and an Onkyo system and Sony TV for the living room. He was upset because of what I said she wanted to do- I knew he would be. He was so upset he had me call Linda and advise her to not put all 5 speakers under the desk in the kitchen and that a 13 inch TV probably doesn't have audio in and outputs. I called and told her to return the stereo system and use the $500 she paid for the theater system for the kitchen and use that money for a new, bigger, digital television. She didn't want The Guy's help though he was offering. He has a master's in computer technologies I found out.

We laid down and slept until about 4p.m. It was so nice to sleep- we were pretty close and the dog was in between.

Afterward, we got up and The Guy felt compelled to buy something. He thought about buying a new head unit for his stereo system in his car, but the updates were so minor he decided against it. We went on Best Buy's website and he was going to buy an ice cream maker, but I told him how there is a core inside them that you have to freeze and then he saw how unhealthy some of the ice cream recipes were. Finally he said he was going to buy a vacuum since he decided a few weeks back his had no suction.

He got up, put the dog in the crate, and decided he was too tired. We let the dog out and laid on the couch watching "Law and Order." We had some beer and cheddar chips while watching TV. He told me that I should go get ice cream and asked how my gas situation was. He said I should take his gas card and go to Arco and fill up my car because I come over there so often. I said no and that was ok. He was also complaining that his head hurt because of the caffeine withdrawals possibly. Then at 6p.m. he said we were going to go to Best Buy. He then said no, he was tired, then decided against it. Then walked outside and said it was too hot, decided against it. I followed him back in. Then he said we can do it and we rushed to the car and got in to go.

In the car he called Aaron on my cell phone since he left his at home to charge. He was saying how he was so excited to buy a vacuum and so on.

We get to Best Buy and look at the Dyson's. There is the model that The Guy has, then there are 2 Dyson ball models- 1 older and 1 newer. The older looked like it had a bigger canister and motor. The idiot at Best Buy helping us claimed that the Dyson Ball The Guy had his heart set on was 11amps- it was maybe 6.5- honestly- the thing has no suction we found out when we got home. The Guy is convinced otherwise- but I saw it didn't pick up pet hair. I am a huge comparison shopper when it comes to anything major I buy. The Guy on the other hand chooses something by expensiveness and newness- if it is expensive it is good. The 11amp Dyson Ball that looked like it could pick up pet hair was $419 on clearance. The Guy wanted the $599 Dyson Ball that could barely pick up anything that he bought.

We stop for ice cream at CVS, but they have none. Their freezers are empty. We go to a yogurt place that just opened next to CVS. An ounce of yogurt is $0.45. We ended up with $13.00 in yogurt. I had the green tea and the acaiberry yogurts. The Guy had lemon and chocolate, and raspberry.

We go home, eat that, then try out the vacuum. It picked up almost nothing. Even when The Guy hasn't vacuumed for a week his old Dyson picked up nearly half a container of dirt whereas this after vacuuming the whole house barely picked up 1/4 of a canister of dirt. The Guy is convinced it is an awesome vacuum. NO. It wasn't.

The Guy still had a headache and so he took Advil. We sat down to some "Law and Order." He was feeling worse and said he thought it was allergies. He asked if my medicine was prescribed for me. I said no it is OTC and he could try some if he wanted. I went out and got him Alavert. We watched another episode of "Law and Order." We saw the episode where Lenny first joined the force.

At 9p.m. I told The Guy I should get going because I had Spanish homework. I was really sad to leave. I just enjoy being with him.

It was 98 today btw. HOT HOT HOT, but beautiful.

1 comment:

Aek said...

It's about 45 degrees here. If we average the temperature where you're at and where I am, it'd be perfect.