Saturday, April 12, 2008

Moisturizing and financial matters

The Guy called me and we bickered back and forth via text messages for the better part of 3 hours. I wasn't sure The Guy wanted me to come over and he wasn't give me a clear cut answer. Finally I texted him at 3:30 and said I'll be over there in 25 minutes.

As I was pulling up I noticed The Guy washed his car- he has been talking about needing to do it for WEEKS. He hasn't washed his car or had it washed in months. It really needs to be waxed- his car is newer by 2 years, but mine shines because it has been waxed. His car would really benefit from being waxed and would really shine, then the paint would feel a lot nicer.

I got to his place and he was in the office looking at celeb plastic surgery photos on the LA Times website. We sat around talking trying to guess what sort of plastic surgery each star had. Ashley Tisdale we guessed had a nose job. Joan Rivers, well, where to start. She reminded me of the Fancy Feast cat in their commercials. Forget that one woman on ET all the time who they talk about wanting to have plastic surgery to look like a cat.








The Guy asked me what good country artists are out now. I got him to download the new Chris Cagle CD as well as the Sugarland CD. He was in the process of asking me more good artists when he went through and was buying some Russian classical composer he likes. He then told me about how to appreciate classical music. I didn't tell him my cousin studied Russian and has traveled to Russia to play and study. He is now using amazon.com's music service and not iTunes because amazon doesn't have an encryption on it.

The Guy asked what I did- I had a huge cut from a razor. He laughed when he found out that's why I had it. I said it is because I'm out of my essential oil shaving cream. He said that he hasn't receive the order he made on amazon for it, or he'd give it to me. He said he could see how inflamed my skin was due to razor burn and he said we need to fix me up. We went into the bathroom and I washed my face with his collagen building cleanser. It was really light and felt good on my skin. I washed it off and The Guy had some of the products out he bought last weekend when he went on the major amazon.com beauty product buying spree. He gave me a beaker full of some moisture seal and put it in my hand to rub in. Then he had me put the Aveda cream on he loves. Both worked great. My skin immediately cooled down.



After, he asked if I was hungry. I said yes. He got top sirloin out of the refrigerator and began frying it. Then he poured cole slaw onto sourdough bread. Then he put shredded cheese on the sirloin. We had his coal slow burger creation. It was delicious- who knew cole slaw on a burger deal would be so good? We ate that and he told me he could only hang out until 8 because Colton wanted to hang out ALONE with The Guy. During our meal we talked about Linda and her wanting to go house hunting with my parents today and stuff like that.

After we ate, The Guy's friend Jeff came over. Jeff and him have been friends for a while and know a lot of the same guys. The Guy is paying Jeff to help him sort out the database system his dad's company is setting up to manage inventory. The Guy could do it and is capable, but Jeff just lost his job and he knows how to do this stuff and can help The Guy. The Guy is paying him $200 a week to help. Jeff has a Lexus convertible btw- he's only 23- I only mention that because we talked about money and how responsible I am. In the car on the way to the Farmer's Market, The Guy told me how he is helping Jeff out and instead of just saying he'll pay him back wants him to do work- a win, win situation for both of them. The Guy said that now if it were me, he'd just go ahead and lend me the money because, he knows like Jeff I'd pay the money back, but that I am more grateful and how I'd probably feel a lot more guilt about a loan as well as how I am very independent and don't like to rely on others. The Guy showed Jeff what he needs done and left him to solve the data entry problem. Then we talked about things like why MOnster Energy drinks are unhealthy- The Guy talked for a while about how he wanted one and Jeff said NO. Then Jeff went through The Guy's DVD collection and took out DVDs he wants to rip.

The Guy told a story to Jeff and I about a year or so ago he went to THE ABBEY in Hollywood and was sitting down, having a drink. He went in the back to go to the bathroom and as he was walking back, his straight brother was standing there in the middle talking with a group of friends. The Guy made a scene and yelled "BROTHER- DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE GAY." His brother just started laughing hysterically and said no- he was there with his gay friends- all of his actor friends are gay. He was there with his friend from "Project Runway."

The Guy and Jeff were also talking about how nice his dad is. His dad owns a big business, but he keeps so little money for himself and the family. That's not to say that The Guy and his brother are not spoiled- WE KNOW THAT IS NOT THE CASE. But as far as treating all of his employees this way. One employee had to take an extended absence to care for a family member and his dad continued to pay her the full paycheck. His dad gives yearly bonuses for performance- and not here's $100, $1000, but it is not unusual for sales people to get $30-$40,000 bonuses. Some even get their paycheck in bonuses. The Guy's dad feels if you perform you need to get rewarded and his dad's employees have been there for years. That's where The Guy got his great and giving heart from.

Jeff left and The Guy and I went to the Farmers Market. He called Colton to say come by at 8:30 instead of 8. In the car we talk about my sister's extreme reaction to curse words and Linda's recycling habits. Linda recycles everything and sorts her recycling by type, for those who cared. We went through the Farmers Market and got juices, filet mignon, eggs, a bunch of oranges, and pasta ingredients. We came back and put the stuff away. By this time it was 8p.m. The Guy wasn't in a singing mood, but I was. I hummed "Angel Baby" by Rosie and the Originals, which they played in the store.



The Guy wanted to get in the spa and so we go out there with his dog. He gets the mail and we go through it in the spa. I sit on the outside like usual and he sorts the mail. He needs to start shredding his stuff- he just tears stuff like bank statements in half and I told him that he needs to do something more to protect himself. Then we sit and talk. We talk about the houses I went through with my parents today. I said all of the houses we looked at have a pool and he made some random statement like "people like water these days." I was saying that because it was true, but also because I want to become a better swimmer and The Guy would be the one to teach me since he taught people to swim for about 10 years. The conversation didn't go down that road. Instead I said that these are NICE home resorts. He didn't understand. I then said the faux, resort style rocks, barbecue islands, patio covers, etc. He asked if I was serious and I said yes. A lot of the reasons these homes are foreclosed are because the people refinanced their houses several times to build the big extravagant things like this, then they kept paying for other upgrades like travertine entry ways, house intercom systems, built in TV cabinets etc. The Guy said OOOOOOOOOOOH that all makes sense. Then The Guy got upset that people were spending money they don't have and how they didn't realize this. I chimed in how these people had such nice cars also- Hummers, Lexuses, Mercedes, etc. He said it's because they leased them- so true. Then he said he doesn't see how people can do that. He brought up his parents who built their dream house in Palm Springs in 2005 and they paid off the land, which cost $160,000; but how they are so smart with money and now the loan is less than half of what it was in 3 years on the physical house. Yes, it is because they do have the money to pay it off like that. But we talked about how all of our parents are better than other generations with money. My dad is just 5 years younger than The Guy's mom. Yes, my parents are old. Anyways, I said how my parents bought their house in the mid-70s and had it paid off in the mid-90s. The Guy seemed skeptical since teachers don't make a lot, but I reminded him my parents used to have much different jobs and my mom used to have a job that paid 80% more than she makes now as a teacher; but my parents hate not truly owning their possessions and having everything on credit. I said our cars are almost paid off (and my parents cars are 2-3 years old). Then he talked about how he is so bad with money, his parents know that; that's why his brother is in charge of his parent's will. He said that's what makes him proud of me- I am conservative with money (for the mostpart- I was before I met him- that's for sure, but I still can have some restraint and do- he points out how I have saved a lot of money for a car). He said with money he knows that I spend it on worthwhile things- I spend my money on others and not on myself. He went on about that's something he likes in me, but also that's why he has no guilt spending money on me and he knows that I truly appreciate everything he buys for me and that most of the things I'd never buy for myself. He went on to say that's why he has no quips lending money about me if I ever needed it because I'd pay him back and unlike Jeff I'd only ask if I were desperately in need of money. I know, like my parents, I'm the same way about not having stuff on credit and how that's good. The Guy talked about how glad he is his parents are like they are because they have to sacrifice and did on their dreamhouse. They are good with money and he likes that.

We went back in about 8:15 and The Guy wanted to give me his Aveda shaving cream to take because he wasn't going to shave until Monday. I said that's ok and I'll survive. He insisted and made sure I took the moisture beaker thing from earlier that I put on. I left about 8:20 and we hugged. I thanked him for the moisture stuff. The Guy was not real anxious about Colton coming over because he just wanted to sleep. He seemed much more content that I was around, and I think he was because I'm game for whatever The Guy wants to do like sleeping and going to sleep early.

No comments: