Thursday, April 10, 2008

His call yesterday morning made my day

The Guy called me at 8:28 yesterday morning as I was still laying in bed. My alarm would be going off at 8:30a.m., and did. He was calling because he was actually going to work, on a Wednesday, instead of lying to his parents saying that he was working from home. Good. He plans to go to work Wednesday through Saturday. YAY for him. This is good because it shows that he is in a good mood and not wanting to be confined to the house constantly. He is also going to go the gym 4 times this week- everyday after work as opposed to maybe once in the previous 4-5 weeks.

We chatted about both of our whereabouts and Linda. Linda is an interesting thing to talk about and so we talked about that. Then he said for me to come over that afternoon since we needed to hang out. I just love when he calls me in the morning (and I'm not sleeping), but seriously the call was so welcome. It made me feel so special to know that he cares for me, enough to call, that he was thinking of me.

I text him about 3:30 after he left the gym and said I would come over if he still wanted to hang out, but I had some errands to run. I had to go to the bank. Got to his place at 4:50p.m.

The Guy was in his bathroom trying on the new glycylic acid peel he bought on Saturday night. He applied it conservatively, then decided he didn't have enough on and poured half of the bottle on his hand, then applied it to his face. It stung him and he gave it 5 minutes. Then he washed it off and we felt his skin. It was very smooth.

In the meantime, The Guy was restoring his new Macbook because the RAID card again on it was not working. His RAID cards (hard drives) were erased when he did the RAID card software update. He was glad to have backed the computer up the night before. Then we took some time to update all of our Mac's. His Macbook Air and my Macbook Pro. Then we sat down and he played around with the new Adobe video and music service for Macs. He was impressed how many shows were on there and the good quality.

Then he said he needed some instant gratification, another sign he was in a good mood. He said we'd go to walk outside and show off his new skin by going to Best Buy. The Guy said "WALK" which the dog responded to, so we took his dog for a walk around the park across the street. We talked about Linda, yet again, and how I need to make sure Linda's son is gay. HAHA. He is a mama's boy and has never had a girlfriend... that's my only proof. HAHA

We get back to his place and then take off. We go to Best Buy and as we're driving I point out Bakers Square closed. Then I say I could see Cocos or Carrows moving in there, much to The Guy's dismay. Or I say it could be an Olive Garden, though it would be too small, but that's what happened when the Bakers Square in my city closed last year. We get to Best Buy and The Guy almost pulls into a new parking space they have designated at Best Buy for expectant mothers. We talk about how stupid that is, how that is the first space we've seen like that. Then I mention how I heard on the news that the California legislature is looking at the issue of close parking spaces for pregnant women. He said that the legislature is so stupid and has nothing better to do, how that would be hard to enforce, and who would support it? I said all the pregnant women and women's rights groups and so on. Then we talk about how that would create a new bureaucracy for special stickers or something for cars to prove you're pregnant. Might I mention that the overweight Mexican woman with a bunch of tattoos and a cigarette in her mouth looked very pregnant when she parked there? She wasn't that I could tell, note the sarcasm.

We get 5 DVDs like "The Sound of Music," "Stardust," and a couple others that didn't float my boat.

The Guy called a guy named Mondo and made a date for Friday night; he knows they're not compatible, but The Guy flaked on him once and doesn't want to do it again since he keeps calling. The Guy and Colton aren't really going out- The Guy is saying that to appease Colton is what I'm gathering. Oh well... I'm over that... really... I'm happy that The Guy is getting out, is happy, and that he's my friend.

We couldn't decide where to eat dinner. That meant we should go to the Farmers Market. We walk through the store singing to the music they play; honestly, we both sing everytime we're there. They play a bunch of oldies and we both grew up listening to oldies. Today we sang some Mindbenders, "Groovy Kind of Love." I enjoy just going to hear the music because it is not the stuff you hear on KOLA 99.9 or KRTH 101. My oldies playlist on my iPod is much bigger than KRTH's playlist of 200 or so songs they play over and over. I like going to hear songs I haven't heard in a while when I go to that store.



We came out with 3 bags and $100 of merchandise. The Guy said he wanted 5-6 bags of stuff so he could at least feel like he spent $100. He bought $40.00 health juice, so that was a big part of the bill.

We get back to his place and cook some pasta. The Guy and I couldn't decide between bacon and cheddar quesadillas or pasta. The Guy had bacon frying on the stove when I came back in from doing a trash run. I said pasta sounded good. He said he didn't know why he was making the bacon. After making the bacon, The Guy got out the hamburger we got, fried that in the bacon grease. That turned my stomach, but it was a-okay. The Guy chopped the bacon, added it to the hamburger. Then he added the tomato and basil pasta we just bought. Then at the end, he added the romano cheese and served the food for both of us. OMG IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! There was so much cheese on the pasta that every bite you had tons of cheese stretching from your plate to your mouth.

We sat down and watched 2 episodes of "Law and Order," which were both nailbiting and dramatical. I laid up next to The Guy on the couch, which I could do, since he wasn't on the computer for a change.

I also wanted to point out The Guy's amazing vocabulary. I was talking with DaninOKC yesterday morning after The Guy called, we were chatting about languages, traveling, and possibly traveling with The Guy. I mentioned how The Guy scored in the 99th percentile on his GREs in English. To give you an example here are some of the words he used last night alone- vindicate (to clear someone's name), recalcitrant (uncooperative), and ardent (passionate). This was just a couple of the words he used in the course of 5-6 hours to give you an example of how varied his vocabulary is. I sometimes think after time together with him, I haven't heard that word since we used to Wordly Wise (look at some of the words I learned) in 7th grade with Mrs. H (an SAT vocabulary activity book where I learned a ton of words like that), or I remember that word from AP English 11, and sometimes I don't know the meanings of words he uses; but that he is able to incorporate words so effortlessly into everyday conversations is amazing.

I left at 11p.m. since he was tired, as was I. I got home at 12a.m. I did stop to get gas at Arco and paid $3.65. It took $57 to fill my tank. YIKE!!! The Guy was complaining it took him $53 to fill his Honda and that is the first time it cost him so much. It has taken about $50 to completely fill my car since gas has been over $3.00, so I didn't pity him much. It took me an hour to get home, which was not cool. The highway I take to cut my trip home from his house down by about 15 minutes was closed and I didn't realize it until I was about 4 miles along on the highway and there were suddenly police cars everywhere and random police vehicles. I had to do a U-Turn and hop back on the freeway and go 10 miles out of my way. It only took me 30 minutes to get to The Guy's place in the afternoon despite a sigalert on the 15 southbound by Victoria Gardens. The sigalert had been around for 4-5 hours and NOBODY was on the 15. I made it up to the 10 freeway and hit almost no traffic. The 15 is never that wide open. I was worried that wouldn't be the case.

1 comment:

Creative Thinker said...

Ok -- I have to say something about the expectant mothers parking spaces ... and what I have to say is POOH ON THEM!!!! I know I'm going to get myself in trouble here, but it pissed me off beyond words when I saw one for the first time. I mean, I'll walk farther for someone who is handicapped and do so gladly, but for some chick that got knocked up?!?!?!? Give me a big HAILLLLLLL NAWWWWW. Are we all supposed to be inconvenienced because there happens to be a lack of expectant mothers in the parking lot at the moment. I think not...I responded appropriately by swinging my little sports car right in that spot. Hell, I look like I'm carrying in my first trimester myself. Let 'em try to stop me. I would welcome it.