Sunday, April 6, 2008

Funniest part of my week

Classroom policies:
"Sure your teacup shitzu may be really cute, and I think it is. The learning environment is no place for it. Please keep Toto at home, as well as all of your other animals, cats, dogs, snakes, elephants, and chipmunks. I hate to hear animals cry in class. If they cry, I cry. They cry because they're bored, and my lectures are not boring."

This was on the syllabus for one of my classes.

The teacher isn't all there in the head I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After having received a paper that was printed in yellow on white paper, I wrote into my future syllabuses that papers had to be principally in black ink on white paper, lest there be any misunderstanding.

I suspect that some previous generations of your teacher's students also caused your teacher to add something rather odd sounding to her syllabus.