Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He feels better now

I got a call from The Guy about 6:50p.m. Monday night while I was sitting in my discussion class. I texted him back and said I’m in class, what was up, if he just got out class etc. He said he ditched his class because he was depressed. He texted me back after me prying for details for a few minutes that he ate a bunch of Skittles the night before and felt fat today. I texted back with “☹” and he told me how he slept all day, has been down since Saturday. I suspected all of this because he hadn’t been online a lot and he hadn’t really called me. I was going to call him last night anyways to be sure that he was ok. There I was, sitting in class, being that annoying person whose phone vibrates every 2 seconds because of a text message.

I talk to him most of my way home and then text him letting him know I’m glad he called. He said to come over for a few. I drove over and he was out talking to his neighbors while his dog ran around in the yard. I waited inside until he walked into the Jacuzzi. We sat around talking around the Jacuzzi about his tax return, how he has felt so bad, but also how he spent Sunday helping his personal trainer Josh create personal training fliers. He said he got Josh to take his shirt off and he told me that was so easy to do because Josh loves showing off. He told me about how his dad gave him $6,000 to invest and he is thinking of buying some new electronic with it. I encouraged him to invest it, but his thing is that interest rates aren’t that great right now on money, so he is better off spending it.

We went in and he showed me the website he created for his trainer, the fliers, and all of the pics. We sat there oohing and aaahing at his body. I told The Guy how impressed I was with everything he made.

Then he went into the kitchen and had cabbage and corn on the cob. We sat down on the couch watching “Law and Order.” Then he asked what I wanted to eat. I said nothing. I’m fine. He was insistent I find something. He said we could go to the liquor store. Then he said that we should make it like a secret mission and I go into the store all mysterious like I have to get all snacks before the Russians, so I’m on the phone with him telling him what they have. I decide to go after he gave me $14.00. I go to the liquor store and I said “Operation Snack Hunt is about to go down,” and asked him what we want in my muffled, disguised voice. I went through the aisles and the candy was melted, they didn’t have Cooler Ranch Doritos, they didn’t have Chips Ahoy, or Dove Chocolate. He said I should go to Longs Drugs. I said I’ll just come on back, but then I knew what he wanted, so I went.

Got to Longs for “Operation Snack Take 2” and there were not a lot of choices. They didn’t have pretzels, they were out of most Dove Chocolate, and things like that.. I wandered through the store not sure what I was looking for and telling The Guy things they didn’t have. He asked for pretzels and the pretzels I found were nasty, expired things from September 2007. I knew The Guy would not go for those. I said they didn’t have pretzels and finally he directed me to where he thought there may be some. They were so hidden in a cereal box that said “fun sticks.” Indeed they were pretzels. I paid for the Goldfish, pretzels, Hersheys Chocolate (gasp! He doesn’t like Hersheys!), and then left.

I get back to his place and we snack on chocolate and pretzels while watching “Law and Order.” It is about 10:30 this time and it is the end of an episode.

I leave at 11 because The Guy is going to bed. When I do, The Guy is insistent to pay me for the gas I used in my car. I said NO, don’t worry. He said he does. I said no, I’m not taking the money. He told me to take it for the sex the other night because it was really good. I said I’m not going to be paid for sex, which he laughed. He stuck the money in my pocket as we hugged. He said I can blow him later for it. I said no again and he pulled down his pants and I fondled his dick. In the car I texted him saying that I would happily blow him anytime, no money required. I also sent another text saying that I enjoy just coming out to spend time with him and no money is necessary. He is such a sweet guy and caring I just love being with him and he sent me back a text saying “thx, you too.”

He called me at 9:30 this morning asking if I was at school. I said no, I told him last night I didn’t have school. He said well, get over here. I got my bath and drove over.

When I got there, he was standing in the kitchen making a smoothie and talking like Mrs. Featherbottom from “Arrested Development” and he said he was going to use a British accent all day. I tried mine out and then just went back to my regular tone of voice, but he continued it for about 5-10 minutes. He was making a smoothie, which was really tangy with his FRS energy drink, vegetable juice, strawberries, and blueberries. The Guy made me try some and it was so tangy I couldn’t stand it. I could not believe what happened next. I couldn’t keep the stuff down because it was so acidic or something and I felt it coming and I tried to hold it, then ran to the bathroom and spit it right out. Not all of it made it into the toilet, but I cleaned it up and used Clorox Clean-Up to clean everything up. The Guy talked about how sorry he was for making me feel sick, how he doesn’t handle vomit well, etc. etc.

We hang around his place and he ships the laptop he has back to Circuit City to be repaired he was working on last Tuesday. Then he says he got his tax rebate check and was in a spending mood. He wanted to buy a new cooktop he decided. Then he said maybe a refrigerator would be better. We looked for the counter-depth refrigerators and found several. Best Buy’s website doesn’t classify them well and several more inches in depth than what is considered counter length. We took a lot of time running back and forth between the kitchen and office trying to measure the refrigerator. The Guy said all he knew was it was an odd size. We aren’t math people at all. His measuring tape is the hardest thing to read. It counts off the feet, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-1 foot, then starts over at 1-2-3-4-5-6-7… and so it made it hard to read. So we’d be reading it 2’ for the width of the refrigerator and knew something was wrong. We would each laugh at each other for measuring wrong and then trying to figure out how many inches something was. We looked at Best Buy and their site was so hard to navigate because it didn’t have the depth or width of the refrigerators without looking at the actual page. Sears.com was much more helpful in that and The Guy was about to run to Sears to buy one, but the only problem was it would stick out way too far. The Guy is not a fan of Sears, but I explained to him how they carry the major brands including Bosch, Frigidaire, Kenmore, etc. and he reconsidered. We finally found a fridge that was perfect in every way at Lowes, but we hadn’t heard of the brand and it turns out it is some random company from Australia. The fridge though isn’t going to be released for 10 more days in the US. So his plans of a new refrigerator were shattered for the timebeing.

We went to the Farmers Market, or were planning to after this. It was 1:30 by this time. We were in the car driving. The Guy was on the phone talking to Aaron talking about bikes. Down the street from the Farmer’s Market was a bike shop. To get there, The Guy had to make a u-turn, but we pass a car wash and I say they have a special going of $10.00 to have the car washed, vacuumed, waxed, air freshener, and a couple other things. He said that seemed like a good idea because his car needed it. We go there and clean out his car, then hand his car over. The man asked him when the last time was he had the car waxed. He said it was well over a year, well before he met me. The man said it would be $130 then to buff the paint, then wax the car. The Guy said ok because the paint REALLY needed it. Seriously, my car that is 2 years older has practically a glass finish because the paint looks so nice and is so smooth whereas The Guy’s paint felt rough.

We drop the car off and go to the bike shop. The Guy was looking at a $399 and $599 bike. The reason for the expensive bike? Not sure- it is not as if a cheap bike will suddenly break while riding, but whatever. The Guy found a couple bikes and was going to have one built and he’d buy it tomorrow. The Guy’s heart wasn’t set on it, though. After we go to 7-11 to get water to drink since we hadn’t had any. Then we walk back to the car wash. We read the comics in the newspaper together. We sit and talk about things like him learning to program games when he was in 4th grade on his computer. He could write the codes, add extra characters, etc. He used to freelance to teach people to use computers I found out. I told him about how we just recently got rid of our Windows 3.1 computer, how my mom is so reluctant to part with computers, etc. Then that moves us to appliances. He was talking about the TV being so unwatchable in the corner because it was so small and old. I told him at my grandma’s house her TV is from 1970. Then we talked about how previous generations ilke his parents and my parents don’t get rid of something if it works. He talked about how that is better because they’re better trained with money (unlike him). I told him how most of the appliances in my house are from the 1970s when my parents got married because of our Sears Protection Agreement that costs us pennies (seriously!) per year to have and how my parents feel no need to get new appliances when they cover all of our appliances. He said he completely understands that and that’s why his parents have money- they know to keep it and how to use it wisely, and my parents did in this case. He talked about how his parents do go all out, like on their dream house etc. and bought everything new. We sit, continue talking, he apologizes for stranding us there. Then he realizes it was my fault because I said his car needed waxed. I said I’m sorry and apologized. We get the car at 3:30 and he is shocked at how good it looks.

We go to the Farmer’s Market and he is saying how great his car looks and is comparing it to everyone else’s. It really looked spectacular. The Guy talked about how he was considering having his car painted because he thought it was the paint causing the problems. We went in and bought a few things- Indian potatoes, cabbage, and yogurt. We also got a rotisserie chicken because we were starving.

We get back, snack on the chicken, and call DHL to have them pick up the computer because they couldn’t follow the directions about going to the back door.

Then he gets another idea- “you better shop around” and he began singing that song “You Better Shop Around” by Martha and the Vandellas (I think?). We went to another bike shop just up the street to comparison shop. We walked in and a really twinky high school guy was helping us out. He was so nervous- The Guy and I are real laid back, so we were surprised. The Guy looked at Trek bikes because they were expensive and he’d actually heard of them. The kid was trying to talk The Guy into lower end bikes, but he kept saying “no, I like this one for $799” etc. The kid took The Guy on a bike ride where they tested out 2 bikes. I laughed when they were gone for so long and figured something was going on if you get my drift. The Guy came back and said he would probably buy from this kid because he was cute and twinky. He bought the bike, bike air pump, lights, and a $200 helmet for his head because he liked the color. Not that there is any difference in safety as the guys at the shop pointed out. The kid ringing us up had to know we were gay since I was holding The Guy’s wallet, cell phone, and keys- he kept asking for both because he didn’t have pockets. Would straight guys do that? I think not. It was hilarious when the kid was ringing us up and asked The Guy if he needed lube for the bike chain. The Guy said yes, of course he did, why wouldn’t he? Then the kid as he scanned it said “lube, always good.” The Guy smiled and I looked over at him to see if he caught it. It was so out of place and awkward. He did.

The Guy spent $1000 or so and figured we needed dinner while they prepared the bike. We walked through downtown of his city- my first time there. Lots of little speciality shops and other interesting places. We went to a sandwich shop and I got a roast beef sandwich with mayonnaise, cream cheese, sprouts, roast beef, lettuce, and tomato. It was good. We sat talking about SAT scores. The Guy got a 790 on his English and 690 on the math portion. I got 710 on the English and about 460 I think on the math. The Guy got some scholarships because he scored real high on the PSAT and SAT.

We went back to the bike shop and The Guy gave me the keys to the car. I drove his car home and he rode his bike. The Guy has never heard of sidewalks (although his city has a plethora of them) and he was insistent on riding in the road. No surprise- haha. Anyways, I got home about 1 minute before him. We both took turns riding the bike and talking about how the front shock makes it seem like it has a flat tire.

We went in the house, talked about random stuff, how he actually has to ride his bike, and other things. Then we both laid down and talked about him giving his old racing bike to Joe. Then we talked about how The Guy has a ton of papers to write for school he hasn’t started and how I suck because I don’t procrastinate. Really. My poly sci paper due today, Wednesday, was done on Monday afternoon. I laid until about 7:45 and then figured I’d come home and finish my other paper that was due today. I hugged him and he said he’d call and see me tomorrow.

No comments: