Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday get together

I im'd The Guy about 9:30a.m. yesterday when he signed online to wish him Happy Birthday. I figured he'd spend the day with his best friend Zach, and I was right. I wasn't too worried, so I spent the day taking care of things I needed to do. With nothing to do Friday evening I called Gonzo and also washed my car. I even washed and cleaned the rims of my car well with a toothbrush. I got a text at 8:00p.m. saying that I should come over for some wine. I just happened to be walking past my bedroom when I heard the phone do that text messaging sound. I texted him back and said "sounds good."

I get a call at 8:30 from The Guy and Zach. They are leaving the Farmers Market after getting wine, but did not find the cheesecake they were looking for for The Guy's birthday. The Guy called asking me to stop by Ralphs for the Claim Jumper chocolate cake and Haagen Dazs vanilla bean ice cream. I stop and had trouble finding the ice cream, but manage.

I get to The Guy's place- Colton, Zach, and The Guy are there sipping on wine and eating cheese and crackers. Zach and I shake hands, he offers me some wine. My choices are red and white. The only person who drinks white is Colton and everyone there at this moment, as well as who shows up later makes fun of him for that.

We watch "Connie and Carla." Zach and The Guy really like the movie and can recite all the lines. I'd seen parts of it- I knew it was about drag queens who were really women. Colton asked the sort of duh question of the night, which everyone laughed at. "Are these drag queens?" Zach went back and forth from sitting on the couch next to me and sitting on the floor. The Guy talked about all of the times he has dressed in drag. He did it once he turned 18 and lived in SD, then the 3 or 4 years following. The Guy said he had to show the pictures, so he went into his bedroom and got his photo albums out. He showed us pictures of some of the guys he dated when he was younger, then came the drag pictures. We determined he looked like Margaret Thatcher.

About halfway through the movie Bear and Will show up- 2 of The Guy's friends. Zach and them talk while The Guy is putting the pictures away and they catch up in each other's lives. Colton and I mainly talk about Warcraft, which he has become addicted to and was all he could talk about all night. The Guy put on the Warcraft South Park episode for him in honor of that. It was hilarious. I have some good lines to use from that from now on when The Guy is spending too much time playing that.

Zach got packed up to leave because by now, it was 11:30. Bear, Will, and I shook hands. Zach and I hugged. I moved my car so Zach could get out. I had to go back in to get my cell phone which had fallen between the couch.

I see why The Guy likes Zach and me. Zach and I are a lot alike- we're fiscally responsible, the things we find funny, how we refuse to get sucked into those computer games, and things like that. Zach is going to be getting his BA this January.

Zach and I talk for a few minutes as I'm about ready to head back out. The Guy offers me some water to drink, so I do. Colton talks about how he needs to sober up before he can drive since he drank a whole bottle of wine. He goes and logs on to play Warcraft in the office. The Guy says he won't play, he'll watch. I hang around for a few minutes, but it was late, I was tired, and didn't want to watch Colton get clobbered in PVPing. The Guy lays down in the office on the floor. I tell him I'm going to take off and I come down, play around with him playing with his hands, waving goodbye, and things like that. I ask The Guy if I could have an Advil as I could feel an allergy attack/headache coming on. I get the Advil and take off. I am not sure how late Colton stayed and don't care- IT WAS LATE!

I had to stop and get gas on the way home, which I hate to do, especially at 1:00a.m. when it is late and who knows who is out there, but I wouldn't have made it home otherwise. I did get gas for $3.77 per gallon though as opposed to the $3.85 I could have paid over by The Guy's house. I went to a gas station that was well lit, in a big area where there were lots of people around so that did put my mind at ease somewhat.

Coming up the highway I live on I had a bad allergy attack. I'm climbing up the highway (there is about a 1,500 foot change in elevation) and I feel my ears pop, my eyes start to itch, and then the sneezing ensues. Thankfully I was just a few minutes from home. I laid down at 1:45, but it was after 3 before I fell asleep because I had a bad allergy headache. I slept great though, which is always welcome.

No comments: