Sunday, May 4, 2008

Catching up on homework

My phone started buzzing at 9:30 this morning telling me I had a text. The Guy said he needed help. I knew this meant one of 2 things- he was hungry, or he did need help. He was in luck, in that I was hungry also and wrote him back asking what he wanted. I said that he had a couple options- wait until after 11 for me to finish an essay, or me come over to his place and work on the essay.

He texted me a list and I went to the Farmers Market to get food for both of us- healthy (and tasteless) Kashi pizzas. I got brie and bread, power juice, and berries. $85 worth of stuff!!! I was a little shocked how I bought so little, and it cost so much.

When I got to his place, he met me at the car and helped me bring the stuff in. He put the stuff away and gave me $100 to cover it.

We had some brie and I sat down to my essay. It took me about an hour to write. He was watching some old movie for his class he is taking.

During the movie "An American Man in Paris," we have had brie and bread, as well as pizza breaks. The pizza was terrible and we should have just ordered out he concluded.

The last movie he watched he fell asleep during and called tech support for his dad's business since their network went down. He is also playing LOTR. Right now we're watching "Home From The Hill." As I was putting it in I was just standing up, looking around waiting for the DVD to load and he asks me if I'm going to throw up in reference to the other day when I threw up so quickly after his very berry acidic creation. I laughed and told him NOOOOO. He laughed. I'm not going to be able to live that down.

Edit: Random comments from us throughout the movie
The Guy says:
- "this is very homoerotic, I love it" in reference to the movie "Home From The Hill."
- Character says "anything wrong sonny?" - The Guy says accusingly, "yeah, something is wrong. All 3 of your dogs died. I hate to see dogs die in movies."
- "OMG Breakfast at Tiffany's!" Me: Ok... The Guy: Well, it is the guy from there. Me: Oh yeah... The Guy: Well, you knew that? Me: Not before you said it.

Me:
- "I love how your dog isn't phased by any of this" (in reference to the dogs in the movie squealing, crying, and dying.) The Guy says: "I know, thank god."
- "He is gay- he's worried about the hair, voice, and everything when asking a girl out..." "You're right about the homoerotic story being told."
- "She got knocked up." The Guy: "She did, that whore." Me: "Tell it to her like it is." The Guy: "That's what I do, you know it Nothing gets past me."

Later in the evening The Guy showed me his website he created for his dad. Then we watched a "Courtship for Eddie's Father" and throughout the movie I was laughing at the cute little kid. The Guy asked a couple times if I was crying. I said no, but pretty close and lead him to believe I was. The Guy borrowed my cell phone in the middle of the show and ordered our REAL veggie pizza. This thing was very edible- I had 5 pieces edible. The Guy insisted on installing LOTRO on my computer after trying to fix the internet on it. The Bootcamp software for my computer to run it in Windows instead of Mac OS had not been updated and was not letting me browse the internet. He went, found the necessary downloads, then waited for it to install. It never finished. I left The Guy's house at 10p.m., thanked him for the food, and took part of the real pizza for breakfast.

1 comment:

dan said...

hello buddy,sounds like a good day. even doing nothing is fun with a great bud. pizza and movies.... ahhhh.
have a great week. later