Sunday, May 4, 2008

Naive mother

The other day my parents and I were house hunting with our realtor. Our realtor is a good friend of mine's dad and we've known him since I was in 1st grade. Anyways, one of the houses we toured had about a 10 foot long bar in the living room. The living room was HUGE. The realtor asked me if I approved since he knows my parents don't drink. I said that I did. My mom said something like that doesn't mean anything because Mike doesn't drink either. The realtor said he is sure if he were to ask me without her around he is sure the story would be different. He knows that his son is a good kid and is my age, and of course has has probably drank and experimented. My mom went on the defensive and said she knows I wouldn't because the doctor says I have a fast heart rate, which increases when you drink; and she knows I wouldn't put my health in jeopardy.

As JR said, my mom could have been trying to brag and make her son sound better; but really mother? HAHA

No comments: