Monday, August 18, 2008

Dinner at The Elephant Bar

Just got back from dinner with The Guy. He texted me several times today asking if we could do dinner earlier. I said sure. At 4:30 he calls me and says to come over whenever. I get to his place at 5:30 and Alfonso is there working on the house. I also see that Brett is too helping move everything out of The Guy's kitchen cabinets. We all work for over an hour moving the boxes. The Guy throws out about half of the stuff in his kitchen to eat. We put it in boxes of Charmin and paper towels that we found that he was storing. At about 7 we all finish.

The Guy says bye to Brett and I do too. The Guy tries to fix the voicemail thing on his home phone. He wants no voicemails at all. He doesn't listen to them. haha

We drive to dinner. On the way over The Guy talks about a new gym he is going to join that is VERY upscale, but his friend Ronnie is a personal trainer there and the personal training is much more personal. They have a guarantee about reaching your fitness results, etc. He told Josh he might have to do that, but they would still be friends. The Guy pays $50 per training session with Josh.

We get to the restaurant and The Guy tells me all about Ben. Ben is seeing someone, finally called him, and has had a change of heart and feels and realizes how nice The Guy was to him. They hung out Thursday night, went to dinner at the Elephant Bar, then went to the Farmers Market for cheesecake and stuff for cocktails at The GUy's place. They had lots of good sex Thursday night, then hung around in bed Friday morning.

Friday night The Guy; a friend of his who is now 24 named Matt, who The Guy met before he moved from San Diego; Zach; and his boyfriend Justin went to Vegas in an Audi that The Guy rented. They had to upgrade their room to a very expensive suite because Zach brought Justin. Anyways, The Guy worked all day Saturday. Saturday night they went out partying and clubbing. Matt is a huge party animal and met everyone in the bar when he was drunk. The Guy told me how, like me, he feels normal and like he doesn't have to be anyone special, which isn't the case with Ben. He talked about how Zach and Justin fell asleep and he had sex twice that night with Matt. They had to do it quietly. I didn't believe him. I can't imagine doing that. Did it hurt me to hear him talk about the sex? Sure- because I enjoyed sex with The Guy a lot, but his friendship means more than the sex. I want to be the best friend I can and I do enjoy hearing about what he does and what is going on in his life. I like that we can both be so open with each other. And as I've said before a friend like that is worth so much more than the sex. I like knowing that I can be that friend he can confide in and tell things like this to without having to worry that everyone is going to find out or judge him.

We talked about me and my life and guys. Nothing really exciting to mention there- you can see all that is going on in my life in the last post- I'm painting stuff.

We finished up dinner- it was about $50.00. We had lettuce wraps, I had the French onion soup, and the salmon with a ginger sauce. The Guy had the lettuce wraps, salad, and Mongolian beef.

As we got up to leave, The Guy thanked me for like the 100th time, saying how happy and fantastic everything looked when he got home. He likes how he can just leave and not worry. He looked like he was going to cry. I know he appreciates it and I really appreciated hearing him thank me. It really made me feel special.

Went back to his place and he showed me the Warcraft Beta he got into. The characters in the game suck, but we had fun watching each other. I showed him pictures of guys I've been chatting with via connexion or other dating sort of site.

We chatted about our iPhone experiences. Both of us aren't the happiest when it comes to reception, dropped calls, and things like that. Everything was erased off of my phone when I did the firmware upgrade today.

I left about 9:40 because Josh was coming over to meditate with The Guy because he was so upset after just breaking up with his girlfriend.

The Guy wants to hang out Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday- he's not sure, but he wants to do dinner again.

2 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

That was a very wise and mature comment you made about the Guy meaning more to you than just the sex. That is so true. I have been down that road and know exactly how you feel...

Aek said...

I'm amused by your (correct) use of the semi-colons, haha. It's good to see you value your friendship with The Guy above sex, though I'm sure neither of you would mind if sex "just happened" every now and then.