Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics

I got home from a doctor's appointment at 12:30 and The Guy had IM'd me asking if I wanted to come over and watch the olympics. My AIM showed I was idle for about 3 hours, but he left me about 5 messages telling me why he was annoyed and what he was doing. I first had to tell him about my doctor's visit and he had to tell me what a tool my doctor is. The Guy was amazed at the level of stupidity my doctor has. My doctor deduced that because I have a high pulse I need counseling. I have had a high pulse for YEARS. Part of the problem is that I have a deviated septum, but we both chuckled about this for a while. Finally at 1:00p.m. he asked me again if I wanted to come over.

I get over about 1:30 and I open up the door to go in his house, but the door is locked. He is sitting on the couch I can see and telling me to come in. I tell him it is locked. I stand at the door and make faces through the screen and act like I'm crying. He opens the door and we go in the living room. His laptop is nowhere in sight. He is just watching the olympics. We sit on the couch and watch the men's tennis competition with. The Guy comments how bad the commentator is for bagging on Roger Federer for his age. We both become annoyed at Federer in the competition because he's not hitting the ball back and forth to his opponent- the hot guy... don't recall his name. The Guy and I sit under the cover and the dog snuggles up in between us. We comment on how cute it was. The Guy was sitting there yawning and eventually fell asleep. I dozed off too in the last minute or 2 of the men's tennis match, so we both missed who won. I dozed until about 20 minutes into the women's handball competition. That was pretty interesting. I like the olympics because the events go by quickly and don't drone on. I can handle them. I have watched more of the olympics this year than in my whole life. The Guy wakes up near the end of the handball thing.

We chat about Michael Phelps and other things like that. He talks about how he is so into the US, the olympics, and the whole US Pride thing. He really is!!! I am shocked. The Guy used to swim, play water polo, and fence, but is not a sports fan that I have noticed. Since it was Tivo'd, The Guy and I go through the women's volleyball competition in a matter of minutes just making sure the Americans won. Fast forward in Tivo is awesome.

We're both snacky at 4:00p.m. and go to the Farmer's Market. In the car he calls Joe who had called him earlier. We make fun of Joe who wants to join us for dinner and keeps asking where. Joe didn't hear we were buying food.

We get in the market and they don't have anything The Guy wants. He buys their version of hummus, but they don't have the cole slaw dressing and cole slaw he wants, cherries for his smoothies, and things like that. He talks about how his life sucks and how disappointed he is. I just kind of laugh. We get lunch meats, mustard, Indian potatoes, pasta, eggs, and mashed potatoes. We call Joe and he says he is on his way to The Guy's. We hang up and he calls right back saying he is on his way. We make fun of him for feeling the need to call twice and blames it on The Guy's faulty iPhone. On the way home we try to "race" a guy in a Ford Ranchero that looks like it has a crane in the back. He is taking up 2 lanes at the stop light, then on the 1 way street leaving the supermarket The Guy couldn't pass him. Finally he turns, goes a different way, then ends up in front of The Guy still. The Guy was mad. Pulling into The Guy's neighborhood however, we passed him. WOOT!!! The Guy was happy and his life had suddenly had an upswing.

We put the groceries away and begin making our sandwiches. Joe walks in and talks about his first day of school. I do a wrap with a tortilla. The Guy bought a bunch of wheat tortillas he wanted to get rid of. The tortilla was a nice change-up from bread, which can be dry. I put some muenster cheese on it, roast beef, and cole slaw. Joe talks about how he is scared of trying meunster cheese because it probably isn't as bland as American. We joke how he is not a cheese connosieur (sp?).

We go in and eat in the living room. We watch the men's beach volleyball with Dallhauser and Rodgers. We talk about how cute both are, even with their glasses missing the lenses. The Guy joked about how that will probably end up being a fashion trend. We talk more about the bad commentators. Then we watch the swimming. There is some girls and guys swimming. The Guy fast forwards through anything where the US isn't involved. He talks about how beautiful some of the swimming is and is talking and using a lot of terminology when doing so. I really enjoyed it because I never get to see this side of him. We pretty much fast forwarded through the girls water polo with the US and China. He was MAD that China was beating the US and he couldn't stand to watch that. He did explain some water polo stuff to Joe and I. Joe was playing on his computer through most of this finding journal articles for school or something.

The Guy goes in the office at 7:30 after we watch Entertainment Tonight and see all the olympic buildings that were designed to order towels. Joe and I sit and just chit chat a little, then at 8:00p.m. THe Guy says he wants to go read and so we call it a night.

No comments: